Awake

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olivia rocked back and forth in her wheelchair, 'Why...why!' She screamed and wrapped her arms around her head. Why did Emilie have to die?

'Hello? Is someone there! Please help me!' I looked around at my surroundings. Everything was burning, the smell of ash and blood filled my senses. I cried out again and again. Time after time, people just ran past, completely ignoring me. The Sentinel towered above me, its crimson eyes boring into my soul, my breathing was shallow. I saw the horrible creature raise its foot above me, 'No please no!' I tried to get up but I couldn't feel my legs. Shouting, trying and bleeding I just couldn't move. I reached for rocks for support yet I fell back down. I screamed as the foot came crashing down, accepting it, I closed my eyes. Nothing happened. I heard grunts and opening my eyes revealed a man with long silver hair, 'Are you okay?'

'I can't feel my legs.' I blurted out. He nodded and he ducked down and covered me with his body, above us I heard explosions, screams and a loud thud. The strange man picked me up and carried me away to a huge truck, 'This is Emilie,' he showed me another little girl, not much older than me, 'Why don't you say hello?' He lay me down opposite her and walked away leaving me with a doctor.

'I'm Olivia.' I said as the doctor went outside the truck, 'Where did you come from?'

'A long way away.' She said folding her arms around herself, 'What happened?' She tilted her head towards my legs.

I sighed and glanced back at her, 'I can't feel my legs.' I started to sob s everything came flooding back, 'It was my fault.' Emilie tilted her head, her eyes were a fascinating colour, a sharp emerald green, her hair a orange brown mess, 'If I hadn't...' My voice became weak and Emilie came over. I saw her arm was bandaged up, blood caked her body, fear embedded in her eyes.

'Don't blame yourself.' She said, 'It will only make things worse.' She held my hand and just stared at me, 'You are alive for a reason.' She gripped my other hand and dipped her head as the doctor came back in.

'The nerve from your back to your legs has been severed. You will never be able to walk again my dear. I am truly sorry but there is nothing I can do. Here let me help you sit up,' he adjusted a belt around my waist, 'There we go. We are ready to move, Emilie dear ou sit down too.' Emilie jumped up in the seat next to me and clicked her belt in. I felt her hand grasp mine and I never let it go.

'Calm down Olivia.' Nathaniel walked in and stood against the table. His dirty blonde hair fell across his pale skin, a few freckles dappeled across his face, his eyes one red and one chocolate brown how that happened no one ever knew, mud, grime, blood and soot coevred his whole body, a spanner stuck out form his back pocket, sleeves rolled up and pants all torn. He must've been working just before he came here. Nathaniel ajusted his goggles on his head and looked down at Olivia, 'Everything is going to be okay.'

'How can you say that?!' Olivia shouted at him, 'Emilie is gone forever...I...'

'Olivia,' Nathaniel squatted down in front of her and took her hands in his dirty ones, 'Don't blame yourself. Emilie saved us, she is a hero. Heck if it wasn't for her we would never be in a team like this, I mean she hates Aaron to her very core but she respects him like she respects all of us. She wouldn't want you crying over her death. Her spirit will always watch over us and she will bloody make sure we stay alive whether she can help it or not. She will never leave us, especially you. You are her best friend, her sister. She would never leave you alone in this world.'

Olivia threw her arms over Nathaniel and sobbed in his unclean shoulder. He stroked her hair, 'We always get through it.' He patted her back.

'Nate,' Olivia whispered, 'What are we to do now?'