The Open Road

For the next week we tried to open our powers but nothing seemed to work. We decided to get ready to move out when Nathaniel stopped us, 'Wait!'

'What is it?' Aaron said pulling out a cigarette. Annoyed, I snapped my fingers and his whole box of cigarettes burst into flames. He threw them on the ground in rage and stamped them out, 'Why'd you go and do that for?!' He shouted. 

'Better to keep you alive them coughing up blood every five minuets you moron.' Jaymes stepped in and nodded at Nathaniel. 

He pulled up a screen and showed us footage, 'I managed to get a camera out as far as I could and I picked up photos and shots of Guy. I got one down in our old base and I caught him giving a speech. I thought you should all see this. 

The screen blinked and a view of Guy standing in the middle of a crowd showed up, 'My fellow warriors! It is with a heavy heart I must announce the betrayal and death of Nathaniel, Olivia, Jaymes, Tomas, Aaron and Emilie. They attempted to steal artifacts and sell information to the Aliens in turn for protection. I caught them in the act and they threatened to kill me along with everyone else here unless they gave me the information. Nathaniel was also, while all this was happening, hacking into our systems and trying to take all our secrets away! Luckily I caught and disposed of them humanely. Now we are under close surveillance due to their incompetence, we must be ready for battle.' A lot of people were upset and whispering and others....well they were shouting abuse of betrayal and cursing.

Silence. 

'That's it.' Nathaniel shut it down and looked at each of us in turn, 'They really think we are dead...this is all wrong.' He sat back down in an huff and pulled his knees close to his chin, 'Everyone we knew, THEY ALL HATE US BECAUSE OF HIM!' 

Silence. 

I shook my head, 'We have to go.' We all nodded, 'How will we move Olivia?' 

'Getting to New York on foot would take forever so it has to be a car. There are plenty of alien squad cars we can use to get close enough but at one point we will have to dispose of it.'

'She will need her suit, otherwise we have no fighting chance.' Jaymes said helping Olivia up. 

Nathaniel lifted his head smiling.

'Nate?' Tomas looked at him with concern. 

He smile widened, 'I have something to show you.' He turned and pulled down a cloth revealing a huge new set of armour for Olivia, 'I built these as well.' He revealed six sets of smaller amour, simple breastplates and arm guards, 'Simple but effective. Each has an original COM system on a frequency only we can reach. This way no one will be able to hack into it. Here.' We were each handed on and I Olivia was helped up and out.

We ran into the alley way and Olivia's suit followed us. There we found a pick up truck from an Alien squad and climbed in, 'How can we move that?' I asked. 

'I added a new feature. Cloak. It can use panels to camouflage into the surroundings. There is a nerve gear that can access the suit and connect it to her brain. She will be able to control it and it can come to her instead of being shifted by us.' 

'Smart. You did all that in just a week?' Tomas laughed and gripped his shoulder, 'You are one smart kid. Well done.' 

'Thanks.' Nathaniel said and lifted two wrist bands for Olivia, 'With these you should be able to control it and this,' he gave her a small circular bead and placed it behind her ear, 'Will give you the connection from brain to amour. It will only activate when you press this button. We should go.' 

'Anyone know how to drive this?' Jaymes said. 

I laughed and shoved him from the seat, 'Lemme!' I pressed a few buttons and nothing happened, I swung my arm over and looked at every one. They all had the same look, Emilie you are pathetic. I pouted, 'It's not like anyone of us has driven before, especially an Alien vehicle!' Nathaniel pushed me out and did his thing. The car burst into life and he smiled, 'Shut up twerp.'