Battle of the Estate

I coughed as Aaron and I were thrown back into the walls. The Cree wailed as a high pitched sound filled the air. They all started staggering around, Aaron and I got up and took our chance. Although disorientated, the Cree still put up a fight. Soon we were bakc out int eh opne covered in blood, most of it wasn't ours. I looked over and saw Sergeant Erikson with his troops and Nathaneil there with a device and headphones, he waved and smiled. It vanished quickly as we heard a huge snap and crunch. 

I turned as Aaron did and above us was the Inquisitor. It was silver with black lines running all around its amoured body, 'Holy shit.' We said and bolted towards Erikson. We jumped down as they fired missiles at it. I covered my face as the missile hit it's target. Looking back, I saw it was unharmed. Roaring, the Inquisitor leapt out and landed on the ground with an earth shattering thump. My skin crawled just looking at it, 'We are suposed to stop that?'

Aaron tapped my shoulder and I saw two being climbing a building with a long stretch of pipe. Turning to my left I saw another set of two climbing with a pole as well, 'Jaymes and Tomas took the magnets and Nathaniel enhanced them. If we can slow the Inquisitor down we might have a chance, there are more people trapped down there.' I sighed and glared at me, 'Can you keep going, or does Emilie-boo need a rest?' 

'Piss off. I'm fine.' My energy was at an all time low, my legs were shaking, arm aching from blocking. The Cree hadn't let up at all, we had no wriggle room. This wasn't looking good, 'Sergeant permission to go out alone!' I saluted him as he walked up.

'Absolutly not!'

'Sir I can even out the odds!' I whined. 

'I said not girl. You are to keep moving civillians out!' He barked, 'NOW!' Aaron and I took off under the feet of the Inquisitor. We found a small group of mothers and children, urging them along we got them out as a Sentinel fell behind us. The blood-curdling screech pierced the sky, rumbles of Cree sounded as they attack again in waves of pleanty.I fought them off as Aazron moved the people out of the way. From the corner of my eye something flashed, I blinked and glanced for a second when I felt my stomach go numb. I felt down, sticky liquid coated my hands, blood was seeping through my clothes. 

Screaming I fell to the ground clutching my stomach, blood flooded my cupped hands. Pain shot through my body life fire. I opened my eyes and gasped for air, trying to calm down then I felt cool hands grab my shoulders, 'Emilie!' It was Aaron.

'You fool!' I shoved his hands away and sat up coughing, 'Get back to the civillians.' I winced and started to fall back when he caught me, 'I'll distract the Inqusitor long enough for you to get them out and our boys have a chance to set up our trap,' I coughed again, blood dribbled down my face.

'You've been stabbed you blind hag!' He shook my shoulders, 'I have to get you out of here!' He helped me to my feet then I pushed his hands away, 'What are you doing?'

'Saving you life moron. Now get them out of here!' I turned and shot him a death glare. I stood up straight and pulled out my guns, 'I'll be fine. NOW GO!' I shoved him with my foot and he staggered back to the mothers, children and wounded. He looked back and then I turned not looking at his face. 

The Inqusitor looked down, the amour rattling, he spoke in an alien dialect so I had no idea what he was shouting down at me, 'Okay,' I shouted, 'I don't understand you but I know you can understand me!'

'What the hell are you doing?' Sergeant Erikson screamed. He started arguing with someone, I imagined it was Aaron. 

The alien responded with some weird words then I retailiated, 'The humans will kill you! I will kill you! This is the start of a new generation!' I shouted and the Inqusitor. It seemed to understand my words as it tried to attack. Sudeenly its actions were stunted as two poles ejected through its shoulders. Roaring, it reeled back and screeeched. Covering my ears I dropped to one knee and I heard screams behind me, 'GET OUT! GET OUT!' I turned and saw Aaron with Erikson shouting at me. I looked at the poles and realised what they actually were, bombs. I stood to my feet, I didn't have time to run. Not this time. I turned back and saw Aaron there and then everything went white. The last thing I heard was Aaron's screams. The explosions...darkness enveloped me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were all stunned and thrown back as the poles activated. Screaming Aaron rolled back over and glass was cutting his white skin, 'Fucking bitch. She had time!' He screamed. Looking up he saw the Inqusitor dead on the ground. His body went numb as men rushed past him. Four paracheuts were falling from the blood and smoke stained sky. Pulling up the COM, he was greeted with static. Sighing and trying to stay calm, 'Emilie got caught in the blast.' 

Silence. 

Then there was screaming. Aaron knew it was Olivia. The suit of armour clattered to the ground and Olvia's small body fell from the chest of it. Some men collected her and they all gathered in a large tent set up. No one spoke. A search team went out and no one could find Emilie's body, 'Maybe they found it and took it away.' Jaymes said cleaning his arms.

'No,' Tomas grunted, 'This can't be happening!' 

'Maybe she got out?' Nathaniel said. He had arrived with Erikson a little earlier. 

'No. She didn't have time.' Jaymes said. 

Silence. 

'It's not fair!' Olivia said rolling up in a wheelchair, 'Why her?' Theya ll felt a jolt and winds stirred the papers on the ground, 'This shouldn't have happened!'

'Olivia,' Aaron reached for her, 'Calm down!' Suddenly they were all thrown back from gale force winds. It stopped as soon as it came, 'Olivia....' 

'I'm sorry...' Her body began to tremble. Jaymes touched her shoulder and looked back over at Aaron.

'MOVE!' someone was screaming outside. They five of them ran out and above them were two Inqusitors, two squads of Cree and five Sentinals running towards the small camp. The soldiers rushed about to ready themselves. The Cree started attacking the mothers and children, screams rang out and suddenly just as we had finished a battle, another began. 

There was a sudden shake below. Aaron looked and saw Jaymes on the ground, 'Why does this always happen to us!'

'Stop! Jaymes!' Aaron shouted and lifted him, 'Calm down. Focus man!' Aaron hit him upside the head and Jaymes calmed down, the ground stopped shaking, 'I guess being close to the boxes has effected each one of us.' Aaron glanced around quickly, 'Stay here.' He left Jaymes there and was about to get Olivia when something exploded behind him. People were shouting and poitning, turning, Aaron saw a blazing ball of fire. 

Then it landed ont the ground. People started to rush over there but they were thrown back agasint walls, roads and broken stone. Aaron sheilded his eyes as debreis flew passed him. The sky churnned, thunder rumbling and lighting split the sky. People shouted and men started gathering the famileis away. Some one tapped him on the shoulder and he turned to see a man from the small resistance, 'I am Harrison sir. I would gladly go under your service as this was our home. May we assist in any way?'

'Of course. See Sergeant Erikson  about it. Now fight!' The man nodded and rushed off with others to defend the families. Aaron glanced back and saw Jaymes, Tomas and a few other men rush towards the center, they waved Aaron down and lifted an arm, all bloodied and torn. Aaron's heart skipped a beat. No way... He was shoved to teh side as Cree started to overwhelm the camp. Fustrated, he tried to race towards the middle. 

Jaymes and Tomas ran back with the men as a fire started. Aaron, confused kept running and saw somebody standing up. His mouth dropped as this person was on fire but not melting or burning. He watched in awe as the flames licked away and ashes scattered like broken leaves on an autumn day. His finger tips grew cold as his body started to go numb. The fires raged around this person and we watched them stagger left and right, excited and worried at the same time, Jaymes and Tomas raced over smiling like idiots, 'Aw man.' They both gasped.

Aaron look through the flames, 'Holy shit...jesus christ she's good.'