Going, Going North

We stayed in the theater another night due to Olivia. We had to get her some sort of transportation. The roads to New York are filled with Alien squadrons. On top of that we can't alert the Underground that we lived. All we have to do now is run, hide and hope. I shook my head and Jaymes looked over, his face was purple from being hit by Aaron. Serves him right for hiding his cigarettes. I sighed and glanced over at Aaron, who was smoking, pacing and muttering, 'Can you stop the muttering you idiot.' I snapped. He glared at me and continued to pace, mutter and smoke. I growled and got up. I went over to Nathaniel who was building something with his hands, 'What are you making?'

'I'm finishing my Fly-By-Cams. When I activate them I'll send them off so we can see, they can stay put or fly around at my command hopefully.' He shrugged and was screwing something down, 'There is also the matter of moving her and us all at once to New York. To walk would be to much on us and her,' he nodded towards a sleeping Olivia, 'Maybe a car?'

'We'd need to find one that works and we can't make to much noise otherwise the Cree will catch up to us.' Jaymes said wandering over. He was rubbing his face and winced as the pain rushed back, 'Obviously we can't get a jet. A car would be more probable but then again the aliens.' 

'Well what can we do?' Nathaniel lifted his little camera and fiddled with it again while talking to us, 'We need to get north and into New York.' 

'New York is one of the Alien's major outposts from the Capitol. It's a suicide mission,' Aaron said joining us, 'Last time we went to New York on a mission...well ya'know.' We all looked back at Tomas, who was sitting on the edge of the stage holding something. 

He glanced back at us, 'I can hear you.' 

Aaron looked back down, 'Sorry.' I had never seen Aaron like this, he was sincere. His gaze flipped up and he let out a puff of smoke, 'This is a bad habit.'

'Of course it is you moron!' Jaymes hissed. Aaron just shook his head, 'What now?'

'I'm so cold,' he laughed and stood up, dusting the dirt form his jeans we wandered over to Tomas and placed a hand down on his friends shoulder, 'I'm sorry.' He kept walking till he reached the end of the aisle. Stopping, he turned on his heels, 'What are the aliens expecting?'

'A small force to one day storm the castle?' Jaymes mocked. 

'Yes and no,' He tilted his hand and took in another breath of smoke, 'What will they think we will do to avoid that?'

'Go under and try to sneak inside?' Nathaniel said, not looking up from his project. 

'Bingo.' He started to walk back down the aisle and smiled, 'Ladies and gentlemen,' he jumped up on the edge of the stage and spread his arms out, 'We are going to take the New York force head on.' 

Silence. 

'ARE YOU FUCKING MAD!' 'HWO WILL THAT HELP?' 'WE'LL ONLY DIE!' 'THIS IS BULLSHIT!' We all screamed at once. 

'For the next few days we will pick our strength, get stronger, get a ride into the city and announce our presence. To the Aliens and the Underground. We are about to become the In between players in this game for power.' He put the cigarette back in his mouth and back out, 'We need to take advantage of the fact that we are dead. So, we need to gather anything we can, go north and get on that sorry excuse of a rescue.' He said and smiled. It was creepy. 

'What if word has gotten back to Guy, or worse the Alien King, about our survival?' Tomas stood and walked over to Aaron, who was still smiling, 'You are fucking crazy mate.' 

His smile vanished and his voice turned cold, 'I may be crazy but this is the best chance we have,' his voice went down and I swear the room was freezing over. Snow started falling and ice started to coat the floor, 'We have to. You want this world to Rise again or not?'

'Of course I do but in New York...'

'I know what happened in New York, I was there remember? We all were. We all lost a friend...a dear friend and don't think for a second that you are the only one who hurts after those events. So shut up, suck it up and take it like man. Got it?' He nodded, 'Good. We leave in one week. Gather food and more supplies. Train yourselves and be ready for anything that will be thrown at you.' 

I laughed and stood up, 'I must be crazy agreeing with a cold hearted itdiot. I hate to say it but Aaron is right. The only way we can get past is catching them by surprise.'

'There's no Plan B guys. This is it, we have to stick to it. So are we all good?'

'Shit..shit, shit, shit!' Tomas jumped up, 'Fuck you guys and your friggen fancy words! ARGH!' Tomas shouted and joined us center stage. Jaymes nodded and we all looked at each other, Nathaniel was fixing something next to Olivia who was waking up.

'What's with all the yelling?' She yawned and pushed her upper body up, 'What?'

'We have a plan.' Aaron said and he turned to Jaymes, 'Jaymes can explain it to you!' He patted him on the back and Jaymes coughed a few times, he glared at Aaron who nudged him forward. Olivia has a small tendency to lash out after having a long sleep if provoked enough and it was Jaymes's turn to feed the monster. We all took a few steps back as Jaymes approached, 'What is going on?'

We laughed as she started beating him, 'OLIVIA STOP!' He cried and cried out. 

'WHAT DO YOU MEAN HEAD ON! WHAT THE HELL ARE WE GONNA DO FOR TRANSPORT AND HOW ARE WE GOING TO GO UNSEEN?!' 

We all stopped laughing as Aaron walked forward and dragged Jaymes away, 'Olivia, I think Jaymes has had enough. Now are you calm?'

'Yeah I'm always calm.' She crossed her arms and turned her head away. I snorted. She had a temper. She wasn't always miss-Olivia-goodie-two-shoes. She apologized to Jaymes and Nathaniel sat us all down ready to explain his vital role in all this.

'Let me introduce the FBC or Fly-By-Cams. They will be able to fly around undetected, they are small enough to go unnoticed on a radar and can get into small places. They can show us footage from up to nearly 60km away from us so we can be able to see if we are being followed. The others are FYI'S. For-your-information. They are cameras that stay in one place and cannot move. These ones are once again, small enough to got undetected and can get into tight spots. I have three screens with me so we are all set. The only small problem is that these have to be our final set. I can't make anymore of each so if more than four or five go we're in trouble. The disadvantage to these being so small is that they can accidentally be destroyed at any given moment.' He laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his head, 'So this is it.'

'Good work. For the next few days you can make sure any tweaks that need doing, are done. We an't be to careful. From now we get ready to move out. For today, Tomas you are on scope above us to make sure we aren't found and make as little noise as possible as they could be hiding anywhere.' 

He grunted and grabbed a few guns. He walked off to the side and up to the roof, 'I wonder how going back to New York will effect him?' Olivia said quietly, 'I mean, it's been four years already since she died and he still hasn't gotten over it.'

'We all never really got over her death.' Jaymes said clutching something close to his chest, 'We were all so young.' 

'I remember it all.' Nathaniel said walking around, 'I was terrified. I came to the Underground way after you guys joined, so I didn't know her very well but when she died holding me...I felt we were connected even though I didn't know her...' He started to cry and he wiped his tears away, 'Sorry. I shouldn't be sayin stuff like that.'

'It's okay.' Olivia said and patted his foot, 'We all miss her and deep down, Tomas is still a little boy who lost his younger sister. I remember when Guy found her on the side of the road.'

Silence. 

I shook my head, pushing those hurtful memories from my head, tears trying to force their way out, 'We should count our supplies, distribute everything in case of separation and start working towards New York. There is no point dwelling on what has already happened.' 

Silence.

If Alina were alive she would know what to do. It hurts so much to remember her....she was Tomas's twin after all.