Resolve

Aaron sat down and slipped the USB into the port and opened the file. He sighed and waited for it to load. When the screen popped up he turned the volume up so he could hear. The crackling filled his sense and then he could hear some words, ‘My dear boy. I have neglected you for so long, running off like that and leaving you there with Him. Can you ever forgive me? You look like your mother, she was a strong, capable woman. Always fighting for what was right. When she died holding you in her arms, that could’ve been the saddest day of my life, losing my sister like that. Although I lost her, I gained you. A beautiful nephew full of life. When your father left I cared for you and when the Aliens attacked our home I couldn’t protect you like I should’ve. It was my fault you lost everything. Guy came and picked you up and when I saw where you were, he was standing with you in his arms. I tried to say you were mine but he said the child had to be protected. I agreed foolishly to that and he swept you away. Soon after Rei and Garrison, still my friends at the time, found me and we left. I didn’t want to leave you behind. I had no idea that I was losing such a big part of my life. As the years went by, things got more and more complicated and when I got word Guy had betrayed you I was helpless. I didn’t know what to do, I wasn’t there for you and all I sent was a lousy letter.

‘That letter brought you back though. When I laid my eyes on upon you, I had to contain myself, not wanting to cry but I never got the chance to say how much I loved and missed you. I just tried to forget about it, even though you hated me. I tried to be a good role model but everything I did seemed to make things worse and the things I didn’t do were building up on you. I just wanted to keep you close so badly and now I’m losing you all over again. When I got word from Chicago about the sacrifice you would have to make, I panicked. Emilie came to me with a plan, at first I thought it would be great but the more I thought about it, the more guilty and selfish I felt. That’s when I realized I couldn’t keep you by my side forever, I had to let you go. It was foolish of me to think that you would choose me over Emilie.’ He paused.

‘I know you’ve always hated her but deep down I know you love her. When I came to that thought I was worried and then realized you be fine. After all, your father was brave man and your mother was the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world. I missed her and tried to keep you close and far away from everyone else you need Emilie just as much as she needs you. No matter how much you try to deny it, she’ll be there. You looked for days after she vanished and I think that’s just amazing. Even though you can be a selfish bastard with a foul mouth and a rather bad sense of humour, along with that disgusting habit of smoking, you are still an incredible person. Don’t ever forget who you are and what you were born for. You were born to live not die. Now you lay here, eyes shut and oblivious to the world. So is going to happen and we wonder if you are ever going to wake up. Remember this my dear, dear, dear nephew…I will always be here for you, even in your darkest moments and your saddest days, I’ll be here to pick you up when you fall. Even though you are going to move on without me, I will still be there right beside you. I love you. I love you Aaron. I love you.’

Aaron sat back, tears streaming down his face. He shut his eyes and screamed into his cold hands, ‘I love you too Uncle Pym.’ There was a click and Aaron looked at the screen and a video popped up, ‘Pym!’ He grabbed the screen and Pym smiled.

‘Aaron I assume you are watching this. I know Rei gave you a recording of what I said in the room and all of that was true. I had Georgina help me make this small clip so I could warn you. When you reach Washington, be very careful. I received word from Luke, the man Guy or Lucius as his Alien friends call him, has a nullifying magic. Sort of. Its dangerous and you must find a way to overcome it. I know you can do it and be strong. Look after your family. Jaymes, Nathaniel, Tomas, Olivia, Emilie, Rei, all those soldiers and everyone else. You are never alone and don’t you forget it.’ He chuckled, ‘I have a few more minutes so I can tell you a few things about your mother. Her name was Kayla. She was tall, dark haired like you and you have her ice blue eyes, oh boy was she a looker. I remember around the area we grew up in boys would always chase her, not just because of her beauty but because of her amazing fighting talent. She could use the Ice Element as well, not as great as you but she could do small things.