Chapter 71-Red Light

*Phoenix's POV*

"You were right about him, Daddy......" I whimper while making my best puppy dog face with tears in my eyes and everything.

"I know I was sweetheart. And I'm going to make him pay for what he did to you," he speaks quietly as he leans down to kiss the top of my head, "don't you worry. But, just this once, I need you to get in contact with him again. I need to find out where he lives."

"Yes, Daddy. I'll text him right now," I nod with an evil grin on my face as I pull my phone out of my pocket and compose a text.

From: Phoenix

Oh, Harry boo ;)

From: Harry

I don't ever want to speak to u again!

From: Phoenix

But I want to apologize for what happened. Please let me. I want to see u.

From: Harry

I don't think I want to hear another one of your bullshit lies..

From: Phoenix

My father was drunk. He didn't mean to yell at u like that. He wants to give u a second chance as well. Can we come over to your house so we can speak in person?

From: Harry

I'm not so sure my house would be the best place to discuss all this. Can't we just meet at Starbucks or somewhere?

From: Phoenix

Now I want Starbucks..... Thanks.....

From: Phoenix

I can pick up Starbucks and bring it over to your house.

From: Harry

Yeah, u could. But my friends r home and I don't want them to get involved.

From: Phoenix

They don't know about me? Aren't u proud to call me yours?

From: Harry

Yes, I am. But I know they'll try to take u from me.

From: Phoenix

Harry, my father will only let me see you if it's at your house with witnesses.  Please....

From: Harry

Fine......

From: Phoenix

:)

*Harry's POV*

I can't believe what I just got myself into..... I mean, her dad was about to shoot me with his shotgun and now she's saying she wants to see me again. Either I'm the biggest fucking idiot in the world or she's dead serious about all this. And to think, after all this just happened, here I am, sitting here, mentally kicking myself in the ass for wanting to go back. Maybe it's because I'm sitting here in my car just down the street from her house at the corner. 

She got me drunk.... That's what landed me in this mess. Yeah, that's it. I was drunk. I mentally try to convince myself. I really was drunk....

You're going to be just like you're father. A deadbeat drunk. That'll be you in ten years or so. Sitting on a couch, broke, fat, and drunk. One of the kids you accidentally had will walk through the door with a pack of cigarettes that you ordered they buy for you because you can't afford any yourself because you have no money. My subconscious taunts me. No matter how much I deny it, I know I'm going to fall into that hole, resulting in a miserable future. But I know what I need to do so I don't end up like that.....I need to change. I need to change everything in my life. I need Phoenix in my life, not Liz. Phoenix is a good influence on me, Liz isn't. I need her kids, but I don't need her. I need to be happy and Phoenix does so. Sure, Liz makes me happier than Phoenix does, but I can't keep falling in this cycle with her so I'm just through with her, for now. I'm tired of the fight; I don't want to do it anymore. I'm done.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Hello?" I call as I walk through the front door of my house, curious because of the very little sound I hear as I enter. It's strange - normally I hear them outside of the house but now it's like dead quiet.

"SHHHHH!!!!!!" I hear loudly from the living room.

What the hell?

I walk in to see the boys, their girls, and my kids sitting on the couch and on the floor in front of it, staring at the TV in a dark living room.

"Alright guys, it's dark enough outside already. At least turn this lamp on-" I begin to say as I reach over to turn on a light switch.

"Don't you dare turn it on!" Eleanor snaps, "you're gonna ruin the whole movie! Now either sit down and shut up or get out!"

"What are you even watching?" Curiosity asks for me.

"Frozen," everyone answers simultaneously.

"Duh!" Danielle, Perrie, and Eleanor add immediately after.

I just shake my head instead of making a crude remark about how obsessive they are and about how much they're freaking out over a children's movie. It's overrated, really. But I find it amusing how they're all acting like five year-old's again, although most of them never even grew up to begin with.

As I switch back and forth between watching the movie and them, I notice one particular person isn't here. Liz......

"Where's Liz?" I speak up, interrupting the movie.

"Can you just shut it for like five seconds?!?" Niall snaps before stuffing his face with popcorn.

Psh, chicks these days.......

"Fine. Forget I asked," I mumble before taking a seat on the floor while I pull Daisy onto my lap.

This cycle is going to end, right here and now. I still want her, but I'm not chasing her because she'll just shove me away and then we'll just get nowhere. I will wait for her to come to me. I know exactly what happened without even asking - Zayn had sex with her and then dumped her. And that doesn't upset me one bit because I warned her about him and did she listen? No, so why should I be that shoulder she cries on? 

*Liz's POV*

"What should I do, Mom?" I ask after explaining everything that's happened to her.

"Well," she begins, placing her hand on my forearm, "what I suggest may not be the right option. But, I think you should've stayed with Harry the whole time. I didn't like him, but I knew in the end he would change my mind about him. He's good for you Liz, and you need a good guy in your life. Don't get caught in this whole messed up mess by starting something with someone new. You already have Dylan from Louis, so he's gonna be in the picture. That's what it really comes down to. You need to be with the baby's daddy, the right one. Harry's been there since the beginning. Don't throw away the feelings that have already been destroyed by someone else. Maybe Harry can repair those broken feelings."

"Thanks Mom," I smile before she wraps her arms around me and gives me a hug, "I'll go talk to him now."

"It would be the best thing to do. Don't call him ahead of time though. That tends to mess things up, and things are already messed up enough as it is," she suggest, causing me to laugh at her words because they're true.

"I love you."

"I love you too, sweetheart. I always have, and always will. You know I'm here for you at anytime if you need anything."