Chapter 49-Alive

"I'll take you home," Louis whispers as he shuts my car door.

Sitting in his car by myself, I look back one last time at my grandmother's house. If someone doesn't preserve this house, no one will. But I will make sure that no one finds out that she is no longer living here. I'll find a way to keep this place alive. 

I don't want to go home, but that will also depend which home he's taking me to. Is he taking me to my house or our house, with the boys? It's a little while until I watch Louis hop into the car, but I pretend like I never even heard him turn on the car. 

The sound of the heater warming up is the only thing that keeps this car ride from being long and awkward. Not a single word is exchanged between him or I, instead, I just keep my head hung low next to the window.

"You tired?" I hear him ask, but I ignore him, "it's a good thing I found you then. Because you can't sleep at your grandmother's-"

"But I need to keep the house alive!" I speak up.

"Liz, the place has no heat. You'd freeze yourself to death," he tries to explain.

"I'd be willing to take that risk-"

"No, Liz. We're going home-"

"No I want to go to A.D.A.," I protest, causing Louis to slam on the brakes. 

Thank god we're at a stop sign....

He sighs, and then scoffs when he realizes the choice I'm making before he can rack up enough nerve to even look at me.

"You actually want to go to that school? Did you take a stupid pill this morning? Liz, you don't want to go there-"

"You don't know what I want!" I argue.

I want to get away from everybody for once. I don't want to be here anymore. I want to change my life once again. I need a scent of fresh air once again. I want to feel free. I want to feel like my own person. And most importantly, I want to feel alive. I want to pursue what I love, and I love to dance. 

It takes a while for me to find the next words for me to say, but I eventually find him. 

"You don't know what I want but I know you guys miss your fame. You can still get it back, you know," I mumble, avoiding his gaze as I stare at the window to the darkening sky. 

By his silence I can tell I'm right. No surprise really there. To my surprise he turns the engine back on and begins driving away. Must not have been paying enough attention to know that he even turned it off in the first place. 

*Danielle's POV*

"Where the hell are they?!?" Eleanor worries, "they've been gone for hours!"

"Relax," I mutter, "they're probably just getting food or something."

"He's having sex with her," she whispers as she bites down on her newly manicured nails, "I just know it."

I can sense some tears are about to fall here so I quickly snatch Perrie and yank her in here with us. Because Eleanor is afraid of Perrie, she won't cry. She considers Perrie a threat because she can't keep her mouth shut, but, then again, neither can Liz.

"I hope that hoe knows who she's messing with," Eleanor growls furiously.

"She's not a-" I begin to defend her.

"Yes she is, and you know it," Perrie jumps in, "all of us do. But she doesn't seem to care and the boys don't seem to mind."

"Well they are boys," Eleanor giggles.