Chapter 33-Little Black Dress

I hand Liam our stack of plates from dinner for him to take out the kitchen to wash when I see my phone screen lighting up from afar. I quickly drop the wet washcloth that was used to clean the table and approach my phone to find three missed calls from Zayn and a text message from Eleanor. 

From: Eleanor

Can u pick me up? I'm at some karaoke bar that the guys dragged me to. I just feel out of place here.

I look around to make sure my mother or Nathan aren't around and quickly type up a reply to send.

From: Liz

Sure. I'll be there as soon as I can.

From: Eleanor

Thanks :)

I miss El. We aren't as close as we used to be. Since Harry and I kept fighting Eleanor and I just kind of started to drift apart and since then we haven't bothered to pick up the pieces to our friendship. 

"Liz," Liam calls unexpectedly, "what are you doing?"

I didn't even know he was watching me. I turn around in shock, feeling caught, so I try to hide my phone somewhere but apparently I'm caught. Too late...

"Eleanor just texted me," I reply honestly, "she...uh.....needs me to come pick her up. Can you drive?"

"You've got two legs that aren't broken. Drive yourself-"

"Please Liam," I beg, "I can't face Harry. He's hurting and I just can't face the fact that I caused this. Please....."

"So then get back together with him-"

"I don't know if I want to. He's fed up with me and I just can't face another rejection."

"I can't. Harry didn't like seeing us together anyway. I don't want him to think we're together, since we're clearly not."

"I'm sorry for being a bitch about that. I was just caught off guard."

"And you miss Harry being around," he adds, "don't you?"

"I wish we never became an item......." I sigh, pulling out a chair so I can sit down.

*Liam's POV*

Whoa. Hold up. I get that they may think breaking up was a mistake, but I never pictured her actually regretting dating him. I quickly pull out a chair and take a seat across from Liz. I wrap my hands around hers and just look into her perfect brown eyes.

"Can you elaborate on that?" I request.

"We fucked up our entire relationship by deciding to date. I never should've pushed him into doing it. He knew it was better if we just stayed friends and he was right. I guess I am just the stupid girl that doesn't listen-"

"Hold on," I state, "Liz, you are far from stupid. You are an intelligent, stunning woman who deserves to be happy. I guess now all you've realized is that Harry isn't the one for you. I get it. You experiment and move on."

"I never figured it'd take this long to figure out how much of a jackass he really is."

"He's not a jackass. He's just very troubled and is very sensitive."

She doesn't bother to reply. Her head just continues to hang down low, not even looking at me or the fact that our hands are connected. I let go of her hands and pull her up out of her chair, causing her to groan in frustration.

"I'll drive you," I whisper, causing her to tilt her head up.

"Really?" She smiles.

Honestly, I'd do anything just to see that girl smile.