Chapter 28-I'm Drunk

I creep around the corner, following the sounds of her sobs. I approach a thin white door to which the sound of crying is coming from. Just as I'm about to turn the doorknob, I feel a strong hand grasp my wrist firmly, causing my voice to squeak, feeling scared.

"Relax," he whispers, "you sure you wanna go in there?"

"She's my mother-in-law, and besides, she went to see Harry and I want to know how it went."

"Don't you already see that it's killing her inside? Don't make it worse by asking how it went," he scolds.

I step closer, our bodies pressed up against each other. His hands enclose mine and I look up to see his oceanic eyes staring down on me. I push a strand of his blonde hair out of his perfect face and push the door open, feeling Niall's grip on me loosen. 

"Mrs. Styles?" I whisper as the door shuts behind me.

"Go away....." she mumbles.

"You said you saw Harry. Can I ask how it went?"

She shakes her head and points to the door, but I refuse to move. I'm not allowed to see him anymore but that doesn't mean that it won't stop me from finding out anyway. I begin to approach her but suddenly I feel Niall's hands grab my shoulders, holding me back. He whispers to stop in my ear, but I brush him off. I honestly didn't even realize that he came in behind me. Niall sets his glass of alcohol down next to mine which contains Coke and looks at me sympathetically.

"Seriously, give her space. She needs it."

"I can't take this," I whisper before pushing past him, "I need a drink."

I pick up my glass and tip it back-

"No Liz, don't drink that!"

And drown the drink in one gulp. I wipe my mouth off with the back of my hand and smile in relief.

"That's not your drink," Niall sighs, feeling defeated.

A few minutes pass and I barely am able to keep my eyes open. I look around, my vision hazy and my world spinning.

"Liz," Niall calls, "how do you feel?"

"F-f-" I stutter before I drunkenly burp, "I'm fine."

"I probably should label my glass before I go around spiking it and leaving it sit around," Niall mumbles to himself.

"That stuff tasted great!" I obnoxiously yell.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" 

"Two," I grumble.

"Maybe you aren't as drunk as I thought you were."

"Hundred," I add.

"And I stand corrected."

I can drink just fine, but my body doesn't process and handle alcohol well so I get tipsy even with the tinist sip of alcohol. I'm practically falling over right now and I've only had one glass of it, granted Niall spiked it. I just don't know what he put in it exactly. Moments pass and I drunkenly keep tipping back and forth, nearly falling over with every rock. Niall tries to hold me in place but it doesn't work.

"Words were said. Words that I never should've told him," Anne whispers.

"I'm sorry. Repeat that," I instruct as I watch her stand up and approach me.

"I told him that we almost gave him up for adoption," my knuckles close tight in a fist as I listen to her explain the rest, "and I told him that he wasn't my son anymore."

I shake Niall's grip off and immediately get in Anne's face, making her look the other way with how strong the alcohol is in my breath.

"You're his everything! And now you're just going and kicking his ass to the curb all because he's trying to get better!! What the fucking hell is wrong with you?!?!? Maybe you should admit yourself into a nuthouse! It might do you some good-"