Chapter 20-This Mirror Has Two Faces

*Harry's POV*

Megan immediately runs to me, so I open my arms up and she runs in for a hug. I can hear her sobs over the sound of the wind. The tears may stain my shirt but I don't care. I can see why she's afraid to tell Niall because she thinks he may leave her. He probably won't but saying that won't make a difference. I know exactly what she means when she says that she's late. It's not late like for a meeting or anything. Late as in, her period's late and she's possibly pregnant.

"How come you didn't tell Niall?" I ask, even though I already know the answer. 

I actually just want to hear what she has to say.

"He'll get pissed. First he knocks Perrie up-"

"He thought he did," I interrupt.

"He was angry when he found out-"

"Wait, how do you know this? You weren't around at that time," I ask.

"He told me. But he was upset with her so imagine how he's going to act around me!"

"Wait," I pause, "how late are you exactly?"

"I lost track. Two months maybe?"

Two months............Two fucking months and she didn't think of this sooner. What the hell is wrong with her?!? She's basically a quarter way through her pregnancy if she's even pregnant and she decides to break the news now?!? Seriously, I wouldn't have been surprised one bit if she went into labor and then told people Niall got her pregnant. But I'm sure by then people would have caught on by her stomach.

"Why'd you wait so long to tell someone?"

"I didn't know what to do! I'm scared! I didn't have anyone else to turn to. Niall would freak out. Any of the other boys would tell Niall. The girls are just big mouths-"

"Wait, so why are you telling me this then?" I ask, questioning her logic.

"Because I know you can keep a secret better than anyone else here. You've handled taking care of Liz when she was pregnant, even if it wasn't your child," she explains.

"Megan.........." I sigh, "you gotta tell Niall-"

"I can't! I just can't! He won't handle it well!"

"So what are you gonna do? Not bother to tell him at all?!?" I suddenly yell rather loudly.

"It's better than telling him!" She snaps.

"Why are you so afraid of Niall?"

No words come out of her mouth. Nothing but silence surrounds us. As I hold Megan's hand in mine, I can feel my hand beginning to shake, and then I realize that it's not mine. Is she cold? Or is she really scared? 

"You should go," I whisper.

It's not safe for her out here. It's not safe for anybody to be out here. I purposefully place my hand on her stomach to see if there's any movement and then I wrap my left hand around her back.

"Don't fucking touch me. I can walk back myself," Megan growls before breaking my hold of her.

I nearly fall on the ground from her sudden strength and then I look up, watching her make her way back to the campground. Their relationship is obviously on the rocks now. Why else would she not want to tell him? He's probably going to break up with her. 

I dust myself off even though I didn't fall and I look around as a bitter wind blows through my hair. I shake my head and continue walking, hoping for the best. She'll come back. I just know she will because she always does.

As I wait patiently, I get the feeling that someone's behind me, so I turn around to notice that I'm completely alone. 

"Harry?" I hear a soft voice call shortly after.

"Liz?" I answer when I see a short silhouette in the distance.

I wait as the figure steps closer, revealing Perrie instead of Liz. I step back in the dark, nearly tripping over a tree limb, but maintain my balance.

"I'm back," I see her smile.

"You always come back."

"Did you miss me?"

"You deserve to be locked up in a nuthouse," I mutter.

"So do you," she snaps, "all of you. You guys kidnapped Liz and used her to your own advantage-"

"We didn't use her! Quit blaming everything on me! I am not the bad guy-"

"Bullshit! You always have and always will be. Considering you should be with Liz and yet you're sneaking around to see me-"

"Because you need to stay the hell away from us-"

"Don't even think of telling me what to do," she snaps.

"I will tell you what to do, bitch!" I insult, "I have been so damn kind to you! And in return you've done nothing but treat all of us like shit! I helped you escape when Zayn kidnapped you! I was kind to you when no one else was! You didn't deserve my kindness. And you want to know why? Because I am such a bigger person than you are. You say I'm the bad guy, but in reality, I'm nicer than you will ever be. You're a bitch! And that's all you'll ever be is a bitch."

"Harry!" I hear her whine in the background, but I'm too busy heading back to the campsite to pay any attention to her.

I've been so fucking kind to everybody. And all I get in return is a slap in the face. That's all anybody gets in return anymore. It's like you can't trust anybody because everyone's two faced. Perrie can look in the mirror all she wants, but all it's ever going to do is shatter. Because all of her dirty deeds are finally going to catch up to her. You can outrun your problems all you want, but they're eventually going to catch up to you. When you're a bitch and a liar, it's only going to want to make people walk out of your life because you're no longer trustworthy. 

I finally make my way back to the campsite to see everyone huddled around a campfire, happy to see me once again.

"Harry!" Liz cheers as she rushes over to give me a hug, "I'm so glad your safe."

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I chuckle.

As I sit down to join my friends, a sudden thought crosses my mind. Maybe Perrie was right........

..........but then again, when should I ever listen and believe anything that Perrie says?