Chapter 21-Broken Promises

"I'm done just sitting here in the woods doing absolutely nothing," I complain, "my daughter's birthday is tomorrow and I don't want to miss it. I'm going home-"

"Liz we're in the middle of nowhere. How the hell do you plan on getting home?" Eleanor asks.

"If it's for my kids, then I'm willing to try anything to get myself home. Daisy's turning two and I don't want to miss it, alright? It's been how long since I've seen them? Exactly, I'm going home," I snap before turning around to face my ex, "Harry are you coming?"

It feels so weird calling him my ex because honestly I wish we weren't over, but in all honesty, I think it was best if we did call things off. Granted, things are much messier and awkward now, but I'm willing to deal with the awkwardness if I'm granted happiness for once. I patiently wait for an answer from him, but when he keeps quiet, I realize that he's made his decision.

"Some father you are," I mutter before beginning to walk away.

"Liz, wait," he calls after I snap at him, "I'll be there. I'll just be a bit late. I have something that I need to take care of first."

"What the hell do you have to take care of?"

"That's not important right now," he immediately answers, nearly cutting me off, "but I'll be there. I promise."

"You better. I'm sure your mother would be expecting you anyway," I mumble before strolling away.

*1 Hour Later*

It's been over an hour since I left the campsite and can't seem to make any progress. It actually just seems like this entire place is just one giant maze that always leads back to the same spot. I make an unexpected right and trip over a tree limb, stumbling down, but manage to catch myself before I do a face plant. Standing up, I dust myself off and take a look around. This place doesn't seem the least bit familiar. Maybe I actually got out of the woods. Finally, some progress is being made.

The path leads to a huge opening, surrounded by trees. As the sky turns darker, the only thing illuminating my path is the crescent moon hanging up above me. I look around for some sign of where to turn next when I unexpectedly hear the sound of a gunshot. 

"HELLO?!?" I scream, scared out of my mind.

"You're next," I hear a deep voice call.

The hair on the back of my neck begins to rise. What does 'you're next' mean? I look around, desperate for answers. I begin to run back into the heart of the forest for the source of the voice when one particular thing catches my eye. I run over to the rather large stick lying in the side of the forest but as I approach it, I realize that it's not even a stick at all, it's a person.

"Hello?" I call over to them to see if they'll say something in return. 

I step closer when I'm blinded by a shiny glint. I cover my view and approach the object when it comes to my attention that it's a gun. Someone left their gun...........along with a body-oh my god.........

As tears flow to my eyes at the thought that there's a murderer among us, I lean down in front of the body and lift up a hand, revealing a cross tattoo located between the thumb and index finger. This is only one person.........

Harry..........

"Harry!" I cry before my body collapses on top of his.

I bury my face in his chest and cry my heart out. No, he is not dead. He can't be. Please don't let this be true. To find out the truth, I move his head over, revealing his perfect face. Only this face is no longer perfect because it's now filled with scratches. Who would do such a thing? Why would they want to take away the best thing that's ever happened to me? What am I supposed to tell his mother? His kids? I can't say anything. They can't know because it will kill them as much as it's killing me. 

"He's dead," I hear a voice call.

I whip my head around for the voice which sounds like Perrie's.

"Hello?" I call.

"I told you he's dead," Perrie replies.

A few seconds later, I see Perrie appearing out of the shadows with her forehead covered in blood.

"Oh my god what happened?!?" I gasp.

"He's dead. You better get out of here before he gets you too," she warns.

"Who's he?" I ask.

"I don't have time to explain. I have to go," she quickly whispers before running away.

"Perrie........WAIT!" I yell as I slowly chase after her, but quickly lose her.

What the hell is going on here?!?

I stand alone, motionless, for what seems like forever, when I hear the sound of footsteps coming behind me. I turn around, only to find the area to be completely vacant, but then I notice it.

Harry's now gone..........

"I told you to get out of here," I hear Perrie's sweet voice say.

I look around for some sign of Perrie but can't seem to figure out where her voice is coming from.

"Perrie?" I call.

"I told you to get out of here. And you didn't listen."

I turn around once more, only this time to see Perrie in a new change of clothes. Instead of her usual skimpy outfits, she instead has on black jeans and a black sweatshirt with its hood covering her head. Before I have a chance to say something about her sudden change, I feel a hard object come in contact with the back of my skull, making my vision expire suddenly. 

My eyes flutter open to a calm scenery. I can barely make out exact details to figure out where I am, but I don't even remember how I got here.

"W-what happened? Where am I?" I groan as I rub the back of my throbbing head.

"Liz? Sweetie? You're alright now," I hear a calm voice whisper.

I open my eyes a bit more as I begin to sit up, but two hands are placed on my chest, pushing me back down.

"Don't get up. You need to rest."

"Anne?" I question.

"Mommy!" I hear two cheery voices yell excitedly.

"Dylan, Daisy, not now," Anne scolds, "mommy's resting."

"How'd I get here?" I ask.

"Someone anonymously called and told me that you were in the forest. So I came and brought your friends."

"Who?" I ask, dumbfounded.

"Liz! You're OK! We got so worried," Niall smiles.

"I'm glad you're OK," Louis whispers.

"W-where's Harry?" I ask after a few moments when I realize that he's not here.

*Harry's POV*

The white doors open, revealing a small office. My new home. I'm not proud of what I've become. How many times I've lied. How many times I've broken people's hearts. I'm not proud of any of that. I've become a jackass. Someone I don't want to be. But this is for the better. They'll never be able to find me. I'm safe here. I trust this place. I needed to get Perrie off my back and this is the only way that I could accomplish that. 

"Name?" The man behind the desk asks.

"Harry Styles. I'd like to check myself in," I answer.

"Ah, Harry Styles. Right this way," he points, "we've been expecting you."