Chapter 31-I Can Explain

"H-Harry," I stutter, feeling caught, "w-what are you doing here?"

I immediately let go of Liam's hand and step away from him so he knows nothing serious is going on. I seriously don't need him to add onto all of the drama in my life right now. He just stands there, a blank expression on his face. He's never really been one to show his emotions unless he's really hurt or angry. Liam just stands there, obviously tense because he knows Harry's eventually going to punch his front teeth out, but maybe not right this second. The longer he takes to respond, the more worried I become.

"Harry please say something. Anything," I beg.

"You kids have fun," he sighs before pushing past us and heads inside.

Liam and I take a step forward and turn our heads, watching Harry head inside. That's strange..... He didn't seem to even care the slightest bit that him and I are going out together. Usually he'd be down Liam's throat, ready to kill him. What's gotten into him? Did something happen while he was gone that's caused this attitude change?

"Is he alright?" Liam whispers.

"I'm...not........sure......." I answer as we continue to watch his every action.

And then it finally hits me...........

His mother...........

"I'll be right back," I quickly mumble quietly before swiftly walking at a rather fast pace to catch up to Harry.

He doesn't want to act rough around his mother anymore since she's disowned him. She wants nothing to do with him and that's really affecting him. His mother means the world to him. All Harry wants is to make her happy, but all he's done is made a mockery of himself. I feel terrible. And the fact that she won't even look at him is only making the way he feels go down. And there's nothing I can really do about it. It's all up to Harry.

"Harry," I call, but he ignores me, "Harry please don't ignore me. I just want to help you. I know what you're going through-"

"How?!?!" He barks, whipping around to reveal tears in his eyes.

I never realized how hard he was actually taking this. He never cries.

"My mother refused to talk to me-"

"But she didn't disown you!" 

"I-I'm sorry......." I mumble and sulk away back to the front door.

I meet up with Liam who clearly heard everything that was said earlier, but I don't bother to bring any of it up. Now's not the time, especially here. I grab my bag from the sofa and fake a smile, grabbing his hand.

"You ready?" He asks.

"Yeah," I sigh and put on my best happy face, which, in the mood I'm in, isn't appearing to be very happy; in fact, I'm ready to cry at the thought of Harry hurting, "I'm ready."

I should stay here with Harry and make things right, but my mother and Nathan are expecting me, and I don't need my mother sending Nathan out with a search party here looking for me when all Nathan's going to do is cause trouble. That's all he ever does anyway, even when he's not around the boys. I bet he's causing trouble at home right now. Kay, now I just put a really dirty image in my mind. Don't need that there especially since it involves Nathan.

We walk out together and I look back as the door begins to shut to see Harry looking back at me with a hurt expression on his face. Right before the door closes, he turns his head, looking forward, and walks away. 

"You sure you're OK?" 

"I'm fine. Just go before I change my mind," I mutter before rushing to the car.