Chapter 17-Aftershock

*Danielle's POV*

The sound of the incoming firetrucks blares as the smoke continues rising from the burning building. And then when I realize why I've been brought out here, it suddenly hits me.

"You........" I stammer, "y-you knew this was going to happen."

"I did not. Well, I knew it had a self destruct button set in the house but I didn't think they'd actually push it. That is, until you told me that Liam and the gang were attempting to escape."

"Why the hell is it set so high though?!?" I wonder as we stare and watch the blazing flames that are so hot we can actually feel it from where we're standing.

"So it's not so obvious to the slaves who are attempting to escape," he answers plainly.

When I process what he says, I still feel as those there's an unsolved mystery staring me right in the face and I'm missing it. After a few short moments of thinking, I finally come to a conclusion. Nervously clearing my throat, I quickly glance at Zayn before looking back down at the flames.

"How come Perrie treats you differently?"

*Zayn's POV*

"How come Perrie treats you differently?" Her sweet voice asks.

I feel a lump in my throat when I realize what she just asked me. What she doesn't know is that I'm on Perrie's side, yet I let her get caught in the fire.

"It's a mutual thing," I mumble.

"Well what do you mean by that?" She asks.

"I tell her things. She tells me things," I shrug, not feeling the need to explain it, "it's best if I don't get into the details."

"Can you? I don't get it. I thought you liked her. I mean, you kidnapped her and turned her into a sex slave yet she kidnapped you just like you did to her. It doesn't makes sense to me. She kidnapped you yet she treats you better-"

"Actually she treats Niall better," I unexpectedly blurt, "I'm just trying to get in her pants to get you guys free."

"How is that gonna help get us free-"

"You know you ask a lot of questions," I interrupt, "and it distracts her so you'd have a chance to get out. I should've mentioned not to try to climb the wall unless you wanna blow up."

"That would've been nice to know before they tried to climb it!" She screams.

"I figured they would've just tried to get out the front doors!" I yell in defence.

"Well they didn't," Danielle mutters, "why does she treat Niall better?"

"Well, she did. I don't know if she still does since Megan came along. But.........." I pause to debate if I should explain the story or not, "they had a fling. Nothing major. They dated beforehand and then they just stopped speaking. It's gone now."

"Are you upset about that?" 

"What that they dated? No. I don't really like her anyway."

"Do you still like Liz?" She whispers, "I won't tell anyone if you do. I'm just curious. Is the reason why you treat the boys and her so poorly because you're jealous?"

"Well, I do. But she wouldn't let me in anyway so-"

"Then maybe the first thing on your list of things to do shouldn't be to get in a girls pants. Alright? We don't want that-"

"But I do!" I bark, "don't you get that?!?"

She shuts her mouth after my statement, seeming as though she's nothing. What she doesn't realize is that the men are always in charge.........