Chapter 5-Every Action Has A Reaction

As I frantically pace back and forth in my cell, Perrie suddenly appears at my door out of nowhere.

"Come with me," she instructs innocently, "I have something to show you."

I'm lead down numerous hallways until she stops in front of two doors. She slowly opens one but only leaves it partway. I head inside and nearly burst into tears at the first thing I see. Pushing the doors open so quickly that they slam against the walls, I rush over to Louis and being bawling my eyes out.

"Louis I'm so sorry. This is all my fault," I cry.

I hear the sound of footsteps come behind me, so I glance behind me to see Nathan walking into the room. He has a lot of nerve to show his face after what he did.

"You PROMISED!!!!" I scream with tears streaming down my face, "and you broke that promise!!!"

 "What are you talking about?" He questions, "what happened-"

"Don't play stupid! You promised that you wouldn't hurt them! I HATE YOU!!!" 

"Liz I-I didn't do anything!"

I ignore Nathan's constant yelling as he plays innocent. He practically killed Louis, how am I ever supposed to forgive him or trust him anymore. I can't because he promised me and now he's broken my promise. I hate him so much. What are the boys going to think or say when it comes to finding out what's happened to Louis? I can only imagine what horrible things they're going to plan to do when they find out that Nathan's had sex with all the girls but me. 

I rush over to Louis but just as I'm about to reach him, my wrists are pulled back by two guards. 

"NO DON'T!!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs as I try to run forward, but just end up getting yanked back.

Now that I'm being held down, more guards approach Louis, ready to finish their little lesson. I yell at the top of my lungs at every kick and punch that Louis receives. He's being beaten selfless for something that I did. It's not fair. It's just not fair. I cry my heart out and desperately try to break out of the guard's grasp. I can see the pain flashing in Louis' eyes as he struggles to stay alive. I look back at Nathan to see that he's left, obviously too satisfied with himself. 

"STOP IT!!!!!" I holler at the guards while I kick the guards in an attempt for them to let me go.

I can't believe that they're making me watch him get punished. It's just not fair. The guards walk away from Louis and that's when I decide to bolt for it. Running through the room, I push past everyone to make sure that Louis' alright. Before I have a chance to see that he's breathing, I'm suddenly swept away once again. 

I'm thrown into my cell once again, but instead of trying the claw my way out, I just break down on the floor. The pain killing my heart at the thought that they may have just killed Louis. He doesn't deserve to suffer.

*Harry's POV*

Usually I would've said that Louis got what he deserved, but not this time. I can understand a beating but doing it in front of Liz is just plain sickening. And seeing her cry in pain because her heart and soul have been broken is just a devastation to watch. I don't know who set Louis up for the punishment but whoever it is is clearly the sickest person alive. He didn't deserve it. 

Deciding to risk my life as well, I hike up the strength to be able to jump up and grab the top of the cell door. I swing my legs up and over, feeling on top of the world. That is, until I lose my balance and plummet into the concrete. Groaning, I brush myself off as I get up, ready to comfort my girl.

"Liz-" I begin.

"Go away! Get back in your cell before they punish you too!" She yells, looking up at me to see that her makeup's been completely ruined by her tears.

"I'm not afraid of them," I whisper, kneeling down to look at her through the bars that are the only thing that's keeping us apart, "I'm so sorry you had to see that. He doesn't deserve to be punished."

By her quietness, I have a feeling that she's been scarred for life. She's never going to look at anybody the same now after what she just witnessed. I look around the room for a way to break into her cell when I notice a set of keys hanging on the far side of the wall. I walk over to them, picking them up off the hook, and unlock Liz's door. Rushing in, I'm quick to lean down and pull her in my lap to give her comfort. She cries into my shoulder but I don't care. I love this girl to pieces.

"I love you Harry," she whispers.

And those words continue repeating over and over in my head, almost like a broken record player. She still loves me. I stroke her hair as she rests on my lap, trying to calm her nerves down. After a few moments, I hear the cellar door open. Quick to hide, I pull Liz into the back right corner of the cell to keep from being seen. About a minute later, the cellar door closes, and the room is filled with silence.

I rest Liz down on the floor gently, careful not to let her head bang against the concrete floor, and crawl up to the gate. I wrap my hands around the bar and look over to my right to see Louis' still body lie on the floor, motionless. My thoughts have drifted to the worse at the thought that he's not waking up. But the guards must know that he's alive otherwise he wouldn't be in here, right?

"Louis?" I quietly call over to him, "you there?"

When I get no response, my head sinks in sadness.

My best friend.............

.............is gone..............

I quickly wipe a tear away, cautious to not let my sadness get the better of me. I stare and watch for any sign of movement from Louis, but I see none, all I see is his body coated in his blood. I crawl back over to Liz, pull her close to my chest, and burst into tears with her. Screw feelings, this is killing me to see my best friend like this.

After what seems like forever, I open my eyes to realize that I just cried myself to sleep. I sit up, rubbing my eyes, and notice that Niall, Liam, and Zayn's eyes are all locked on something. I find what they're looking at, and stare with them. After countless minutes, I finally see his chest gently moving up and down.

Louis Tomlinson...............is alive...........