Chapter 36-Too Good For Me

My cheeks flush pink and I move a strand of hair behind my ear to avoid eye contact. I look at Lydia for some help as to what to do but she just smiles and walks back into the kitchen. Some help she is.... 

*Harry's POV*

She looks so embarrassed it's adorable, no matter how agitated she makes me. I can't help how crazy I am for her. I chuckle as I watch her search for a distraction so she can avoid eye contact with me. And I can't help but admire how adorable she looks in that diner uniform. 

"Well are you going to say something?" I ask as I slowly become annoyed with her shyness, "I came here to talk to you, you know."

Instead of answering my question, she instead just quickly runs back into the kitchen. I yell after her and abruptly leave my spot just to see what the hell her problem is. I mean, I understand that she's mad at me but can she at least talk?

"Liz!" I yell, but she continues running away from me, "hey, what's with the silent treatment?"

She continues ignoring me. Feeling as though there's nothing else left to do, I quickly grab the hem of her shirt and yank her into the janitor's closet. I push her in and shut the door behind us and I make sure to stand in front of the door to make sure that she can't sneak out. She just stares at the wall, still not making eye contact.

"Liz," I mumble, "I don't want anything else but for you to talk to me."

She stops sniffling and turns around to reveal her tear stained face. Her makeup's ruined and the top of her dress is soaked. What's going on with her?

"What's going on? Why are you ignoring me?"

"Get me out of here!" She yells, "I hate you-"

"And you have every right to for what I put you through," I interrupt as I put my hands on her shoulders to hold her in place to prevent her from hitting me.

She looks almost stunned by my words. I feel guilty for what I've done but I know I can't get any relationship with her back because I was such a douche. And I will never forgive myself for what I've done. I've hurt her beyond belief and I wasted a good three years or so of her life constantly trying to redeem myself. I knew it wasn't going to work but some small part of me just didn't want to believe it. I wanted to prove to myself that for once I could actually be a good person. I could actually change someone's life for the better. Well, I changed Liz's life, but most certainly not for the better. Some part of me still regrets kidnapping her......

"Do you know what I've been put through?!?!" She whisper yells to me as she fights her tears more. 

"I'm sorry........" I choke, not knowing what else there is to say.

"I-"

"Liz," I cut her off, "just let me speak-"

"Don't tell me what to do," she growls, "my life's enough of a fucking nightmare already-"

"Liz-"

"NO!" She screams, "my mom's pregnant! I don't have any hope for a future! I have no idea where my kids are! And Nathan's being a fucking creep!! A-and on top of that, Lydia's here and I have to put up with her because I know you slept with her-"

"Liz I can promise you that I didn't do anything with her," I reassure her, "I didn't kiss her, hug her, fuck her. Any of that. Nothing. She's a virgin. Why would I fuck my nurse-"

"Well, gee, I wonder why?" She sarcastically snaps.

"I know I was an asshole and I'm sorry. I'm not saying that because I'm trying to get you to go out with me again. I'm just saying that because I want you to know how guilty I feel for putting you through a living hell."

"Do you have any idea-"

"No I don't," I whisper, "but I'm willing to learn. That is, if you're willing to help me. I just want to help-"

"Help my ass," she retorts.

"Well if you insist," I cheekily smile, showing off my dimples.

"You're a pervert," she giggles, revealing her small, beautiful smile that I haven't seen in who knows how long.

"Aha, there's that smile," I laugh.

"Shut up."

She playfully punches my arm and giggles, but then quickly hides her smile as though she wasn't just blushing a few moments ago. I know she's missed me. And we all know how much I've missed her. Let's face it, I'm really the only one that can put a true smile on her face. I step a little bit closer to her, causing her to stiffen up. I understand, I make her a bit nervous. I do that to a lot of people anyway. I lift my hand up to brush a loose strand off her perfect, delicate face. As I do so, I can see that her eyes are still a bit red and puffy from all the crying that she's been doing. I'm not going to kiss her, no matter how much I want to. I'll only kiss her if she wants me too. You see, I'm starting this new thing where I'm learning to control myself and all my temptations so I don't screw any more people over. And Liz is one of my biggest temptations, but I'm learning to ignore it although it's kind of hard because of the growing bulge in my pants. The girl is angel innocent yet she knows that she gives me a boner. One word: HOW?!? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

"I'm sorry for being such a bitch to you over these last few years. You have had it hard and all I've done was make it worse. You matter more to me than you realize."

"Ah, I think I know how much I mean to you," I chuckle, "but back to what you were saying. So...........pregnant?"

"Please don't get me started," she whimpers, "Nathan's a lady hoe. He's disgusting."

"When you said 'lady hoe' I literally just pictured Nathan in a thong and bra with stripper heels on. It was a really disturbing image," I laugh.

I honestly couldn't contain my laughter and apparently my laughter is contageous because now Liz is laughing, which makes me happy. I look at her and she smiles the sweet smile that always drives me crazy. I would kiss her, but I'm not worth her precious time. She's too good for me. 

*Liz's POV*

I really want to kiss him so badly. And I'd get back together with him too but that's all too much for me right now. There's too much going on right now. With my mom and Harry's mom and the fact that Dylan and Daisy are somewhere right now, it's just way too much for the two of us to handle. I've realized now that I'm honestly just not ready to get another boyfriend and I don't know if I ever will be again. I just need time. And I plan to take as much time as I need to make up my mind because I want this decision to be the best one for me. I don't care what anyone else thinks or has to say. I want this to be right. Right for me at least.

I look into Harry's seductive emerald eyes and nearly become putty before I catch myself from falling. I don't want that again. We stare into each other's eyes for what seems like forever before I realize how much I want to kiss him. I want to feel him. I need to be loved. I know he wants it. And I know I want it.......but maybe not right this second. 

As my lips begin to glide over his, Harry suddenly retreats and reaches in his back pocket for his phone. I pull back awkwardly and just stare around at the cleaning products as though they're fascinating as he checks his phone. I bet it's Perrie sending him naked pictures telling him how badly she wishes she was in bed with him right now. He eventually puts his phone away and just looks at me, almost stuck.

"Everything alright?" I ask as I push a loose curl out of his face, trying to be seductive.

I want him to stay. I want him to hang out here and be with me. I want to be with him, but not in a relationship.

"I...uh.......I-I have to go," he quickly mumbles before fumbling with the door handle.

He trips as he's making his way out of the closet and falls on the floor, only to fall at Lydia's feet. He looks up, his cheeks burning red with embarrassment. She probably thinks that we were having a heated make out session in here and we desperately needed privacy. I awkwardly step out and brush past the two of them so I can get back to work.

And we were so close.........

Yet so far away.............