Chapter 27-An Altercation With The Devil

*Harry's POV*

"I came to talk to you because you are the only one who I can really turn to about any of this information," his voice whispers in a hushed tone.

"You ruined my fucking life! Why should I listen to you?!?" I snap.

"Because I can get you out of here-"

"I don't want to leave! I'd much rather be in here then be around Perrie."

"So that's what this is about," he nods understandingly before pulling up a chair and sitting across from me at the table.

I look at him, my nostrils flaring, my body about to spring up and strangle him with any sudden movement that he may make. I don't trust him. I've never trusted him, and I never will. I've lost all my respect for him, and I damn well hope he knows that too. He doesn't deserve to be breathing the same air that I do. I'm a much bigger person than he will ever be.....

"I know you need someone to turn to........well-"

"If you're trying to tell me to stay away from Liz, I won't. Nothing you do will ever make me back off of her. I love her, and nothing anyone does or says could possibly change that," I cut him off.

"I understand. But, no, I wasn't going to say that. If you didn't interrupt me, I was going to say that I needed someone to turn to as well-"

"Zayn, where are you going with this?" I shake my head in utter confusion.

Let's face it, I'm like a lost puppy right now. I have no idea what he's saying and I'm not sure of the point that he's trying to make. I look at him, trying to understand and comprehend, but at the same time everything he's saying is just going in one ear and out the other, so I'm completely lost, and I'm sure my confusion is very obvious to him, if he's even paying attention.

 "Zayn, can you please explain?" I ask.

"You need me more then I need you. You mainly need someone to talk to and let's face it, all the other boys are blabbermouths and the girls just can't seem to keep anything to themselves. So, I figured we could help each other through each of our problems," he explains, although I'm still somewhat confused.

"I don't have problems," I mutter.

"Then why are you in a mental institution?" Zayn smirks, raising an eyebrow because he knows he's right, unfortunately.

"Because I needed to get away from Perrie."

"Why?"

"Because........" I trail off, unsure of the answer myself.

"Because you're afraid you might still have feelings for her? I get it, she's hot, she's seductive, she's experienced, she's dark. Everything a guy could ever want. But that's not what you want, but that's what turns you on."

"I understand I have problems, but what about you?" I question.

Zayn's gotta be hiding something. He's just not as vocal about it compared to others. I look at him, and he just stares at me, almost as though he's looking right through me and reading my mind.

"Be honest. I won't tell anyone. Do you still have feelings for Perrie? Is that why you admitted yourself? Because you wanted to get all your feelings straightened out?"

"You ask a lot of questions," I shake my head in dismay, feeling a bit overwhelmed.

"So do you?"

*Liz's POV*

I walk up to the front porch, my hands shaking and my heart racing. I know I can come to her with anything I need but I don't know if it's worth talking about her son with her. I'm not sure she even knows where he is. I press the doorbell and immediately regret it because as soon as it dings, Anne's right there to let me in.

"Liz!" She cheers, "what a surprise! Please, do come in."

"Thank you," I mumble as I step inside, closing the door behind me.

"Have you spoken to Harry recently?" Anne asks so suddenly.

"Umm......" I pause, "how recent are we talking?"

"Within the past week."

"Then, no, I haven't. Why?"

"I went to visit him the other day," she weakly replies as she takes a seat on one of the many couches in her house.

I sit down to join her and I can tell that her eyes are beginning to get glassy. Obviously seeing Harry in the condition that he's in is taking its toll on his mother. I feel sorry for her. I mean, how does she reply when someone asks her where Harry is or how he's doing? I would be speechless. But she can't lie. No, my ex-mother-in-law is not a liar. Even though she's not really my ex since Harry and I aren't officially divorce and I don't know if we ever will be.

"Mrs. Styles?" I whisper, hoping to get a response from her, but instead she just bursts into tears and runs out into the bathroom.

She runs down the hallway, nearly bumping into a groggy Liam stumbling in my direction. He trips and nearly falls on his face but I'm there in time and catch him before he falls.

"You OK?" I ask as I help him sit down.

"I don't know. I just found out that I'm no longer loved so what's the point in going for anything or anyone? I have nothing else left to live for."

"Liam you-" I cut myself off when I notice Liam awkwardly pulling down his shirt sleeve.

I'm afraid to see what's to come but I hesitantly grab his left arm and place it in my lap. I look up at Liam to notice that he seems completely out of it, probably because he's had a beer or two, most likely more. As I lift up his shirt sleeve, I notice that it's sopping wet, covered in blood. I lightly gasp and pull his sleeve up more, revealing a deep, slick cut; blood oozing out from every angle. Liam......cutting himself? It doesn't add up. And this isn't a cut, this is more like a stab of some sort. But what could've caused Liam to get this injury?

"It's not what it looks like," he reassures me, "I shattered a window and pieces got stuck in my skin-"

"W-why did you shatter a window?" 

"It was more like a mirror, but I hated seeing my reflection, so I changed it to show how I feel on the inside. Broken. Shattered. Lost. My life is nothing but a black hole."

I give him a light kiss on the lips, making his cheeks turn red before I help him up and escort him into the bathroom where I can help him get cleaned up.

*Perrie's POV*

I've searched and I've searched. Doing my internet research and just desperate stalking. I need to find him. I know he still wants me. But I also don't want to be around that monster who's smokey smell turns me on. I've hired a detective to help me find my target and surprisingly, he's led me to a mental institution. I open up the steel doors, the bitter wind pushing me inside. I look around, no sign of my victim anywhere. 

"Hello may I help you?" A lady asks me.

"Uh......yes," I pause, quickly thinking up a reason as to why I'm here, "are you hiring?"

"I'm.....not sure. I'll go ask the manager real quickly though," she smiles before quickly stepping out from behind the desk, "if you'll excuse me."

"Please, take your time," I reassure her before sly grin appears on my face.

I'm here on personal business terms. The quicker I can find Harry, the better. I scan the desk for a directory indicating which patient is in which room when suddenly, I glance up to find security cameras displaying what's happening in each patient's room. I scan each individual camera until I find him.

"I'm coming baby," I whisper before collecting my things and a set of room keys to go on a search for his room.