Chapter 58-Against My Will

The temperature has seemed to have dropped ever since the police officer's masculine hands wrapped around my wrists, pinning them behind my back as his partner slaps the bitter cold metal cuffs around my wrists. I can tell Liam and Caleb have stiffened up, without wanting to say or do anything because they know the cops will go after them for wanting to pull me back. But the longer that I'm in these cuffs, the less I regret smashing Harry's car with the golf club. Quickly, a police officer opens up the back door of the cop car and shoves me inside. I shift uncomfortably as I realize how uncomfortable it is to sit on your hands while on top of sitting on metal in a small enclosed space. Caleb and Liam begin to approach the car, but they also make sure to keep their distance before they get yelled at to get back. I can see tears come to the brim of Liam's eyes but he doesn't release them. I'm not gonna cry. I'm proud of what I did. Harry deserved it for what he did. And I honestly don't care that I got arrested for it. At least I'll have a way to be away from him, them, everyone. I'll finally get the space I deserve. But that means I don't get to see Dylan or Daisy. Maybe then Harry will finally realize that he's no longer able to dump his kids on his sister considering I'm going to the big house, possibly even juvy. 

The ride to the prison is uncomfortable, awkward, and somewhat scary considering I've never ridden in the back of a cop car before. It feels awful, but it's better than seeing the look on his face when he sees what I've done to his precious Range Rover. The car slowly pulls into the first parking spot, reserved for police cars specifically, and the cops lurk around to the back doors and allow me out. Even though I won't escape and try to run off, one of the officers still stands behind me, gripping my wrists tightly as he and the other officer lead me into the prison. 

The smell of uncleaned toilets and rust fills my nostrils as I'm shoved around in the cell area of the prison. I occasionally glance in each cell but then quickly look away because most inmates are staring at me as I walk by and I don't want to make awkward eye contact. 

"W-where are we going?" I choke, my tongue desperate for some fluids, preferably water. 

"To the court to speak to the judge about your case," the man behind me states rather loudly as his grip tightens.

"A-am I going to be locked away in a cell?" My heart is racing and it's about to beat right out of my chest.

"Possibly. If the judge is feeling lenient enough you might be put somewhere else."

I'm afraid to ask what he means by 'somewhere else'....

The officer in front of me pushes both wooden doors open, causing them to bang against the wall as they quickly slam shut behind us. I look around the court room to see a black man with a touch of grey hair on his head in a big black robe sitting on what appears to be a sort of podium stand. He just glares at me as the officer holding me places me in a chair behind a desk. Before the judge speaks, a guard turns around and locks the door behind him, preventing me from escaping. 

"Everyone please rise," the judge speaks, "court is now in session." 

Since I can't get up myself, the officer pulls me up quickly, almost causing me to hit my face on the desk from the force of his pull. 

"Elizabeth Thompson-"

"Liz," I correct him.

"Do not speak unless the judge asks you a question!" The officers growls in my ear, causing me to stiffen up by his threatening words. I gulp and nod in agreement to show that I understand.

"Elizabeth Thompson," the judge repeats since I've rudely cut him off, "you are being charged with vandalism of your husbands' Range Rover with a golf club. Is it true that you committed this crime?"