Chapter 57

Camila's POV 

'Ari? ARI!?' I exclaimed, the dizziness slowly fading as a very familiar courtyard and an all too familiar person came clearly into view. I couldn't believe my eyes, i almost didn't until she spoke to me; god that voice, that smile, i haven't seen it in so long. Even in my dreams that smile had never shone so bright, never reached her eyes, never made her seem so real than in this moment. And her voice, that angel like voice she was gifted with, it was never this crisp, that raw, this... real. It's like she's right here with me, like i'm back in my 18 year old mindset and no time has passed. 

She hasn't changed, not one bit.  

'Camila, i'm right here you don't need to yell' Ariana chuckled and took my hand in hers that was rested on the bench we were sitting on. She touched me... holy shit, i felt her touch, i felt the warmth of her skin on mine. Like, she just made actual physical contact with me. How is this even possible? I don't understand. 

'Ari, what's going on? How are we here right now?' i asked and she placed both of my hands in her lap. 

'That must have been one hell of a nap you just took. We walked here, remember? You said you wanted to take a nap before class so-'

'So i didn't fall asleep through it. Yeah i remember' i nodded. It's the same day, why is it always this day that my mind brings me back to. The day everything went to hell and everything i loved was wiped off the face of the planet, always this goddamn day! But it's different almost, in my dream Ariana and i never had this conversation. It was always the same dialogue, i could never interact with the story or change what happened; I Just had to endure it until i woke up in a cold sweat or screaming or worse. 

'You okay Camila?' Ari asked, probably cluing into the confused as hell look i was giving her. 

'Yes' i sighed, tears brimming the corner of my eyes. 

I don't know what it was about seeing her, and being in this moment one more time, but it was different. I could talk to her, i mean really talk to her, i could say things to her that i never had the chance to on that day or in my dreams and without thinking the words fell effortlessly like i'd rehearsed it;

'I'm fantastic, i just... I just wanted to tell you how much i love you and how important you are to me. There are no words, you're my world, my everything, and there's not a day that goes by that i don't think about you. You are so special and unique in so many ways and i am the luckiest girl in the world because i get to hold you and call you mine and make you as happy as humanly possible'  

'I love you too Camila, so much, god you're gonna make me cry' Ariana sniffled and brought me into a warm hug. I wrapped my arms around her small frame as tightly as i could, trying to savor the feeling of her in my arms one more time before i snap out of whatever this is. It was just as i remembered it. She was just as i remember her. This whole place. This bench. This moment. That was when the lunch bell blew and suddenly my heart sank to my stomach. No, please god no, not again. 

'Well, it's time for soccer practice and you need to get your cute butt to class. Remember to meet me after and we can talk about how much you love me some more' she smiled and kissed me softly on the lips, i quickly grabbed her hand and she looked at me worriedly. 'Mila, are you sure you're okay? You have this look on your face like something awful is about to happen'

How do you tell your Girlfriend... ex-girlfriend? Whatever- that if she goes to her usual soccer game, she and her entire team are going to die? Or maybe she doesn't even have to know. 

'Ari, if i asked you not to go to soccer practice and come home with me, would you do it?' i asked pleadingly. 

'Camila don't do this to me today' she laughed and ran her free hand through her hair. 'This practice is really important, it's the last one before-'