Chapter twenty one

**Sophie's POV**
Daryl and I were in Merle's cabin watching a movie and talking about stuff. We had a close encounter with demons not long ago, so we decided to stay in the cabin while the demons lost our tracks and they left Colorado. And well, I started using my powers, but not that much because I really don't know what are the consequences of using them, or even if there are consequences... but the cabin is warded so I can use them all I want. "Sophie, I'm bored..." Daryl said to me causing me to laugh a little at his childish attitude. "Just, a day more, or even hours and we are out of here" I answered him. "Hey, what about we play with your powers??" he said causing me to give him a weird look, "I don't know Dar... what if..." "Please?!?! Just 5 minutes. The cabin is protected so you don't have to worry about it..." he said but I just sit there thinking... "3 times, and that's all" I said causing him to celebrate in victory. "What do you want me to do??" I asked waiting obviously, for a stupid answer. "Mmm... read my mind" he said causing me to laugh. "I'm not sure about that... I really don't want to know what you think" I said causing him to laugh. "Just read it" he said, "Okay... if I get traumatized is your fault" I said. Then I concentrated and started getting into Daryl's mind. "I'm not a hobbit you jackass!!!!" I said to Daryl causing him to burst out laughing at me and my reaction. "Yes you are Soph!!! You are a hobbit!!!" "Not true!!!" I said now laughing with him. "Yes, you are a small and hairy hobbit" "I'm not fucking hairy Dar!! I'm 100% sure you have more hair than I do" I said giving him a playful punch in the arm. "Yes, you are." "Well... If I'm a hobbit then you are a sasqua..." I started to say then realizing what I was actually saying. Daryl stopped laughing and looked at me. "Soph?? Are you okay??..." he asked. I just nodded my head in a yes form and stayed quiet processing what I was going to say second ago. Sasquatch, I was gonna call Dar a Sasquatch... I used to call Sam sasquatch... "Soph, sure you are okay?? Do you want to talk about it...??" Daryl asked me now in front of my body with his hands in my shoulders. "Not really..." I said to Daryl remembering the Winchester Brothers. "Sure?? 'Cause maybe..." Daryl started but I cut him off "No Daryl, just let me think!!" I said in a harsher way than I expected. "Sorry" i said realizing how I talked to him. "It's okay, maybe, we should go to sleep..." "Yes, it's... it's a good idea" i said giving him a kiss in the cheek, apologizing again and saying good night
**Next morning**
"Daryl!!!!! Breakfast is ready!!!!" I shouted trying to get Daryl's ass down so he could eat. "Coming!!" He shouted. "So I was thinking...!!!" I shouted again, "Aha..." he replied, "I think I might have found a case!!" "Really???" Daryl said from behind me scaring the hell out of me. "Stop that or I will hit you, I promise and you know that I'm perfectly capable of doing it" i said only to earn a laugh from him. "What ya say princess" he said while he sat down on the table to eat. "So about this case... what are we hunting??" He asked with his mouth full of food. Gross. "First of all, don't speak with you mouth open Dar, its gross. And second, the case is about demons" I said. When I said the word "demons" Daryl choked on his food, "Soph, are you out of yer mind?!?! If course we aren't going to that case!!! We just had a fricking close encounter!!" "No Daryl, I'm fine and yes, we are going, we need to kill them before they kill more people. And it wasn't a close encounter, it was... like a meeting. And it has passed like 2 or 3 weeks since it" "But... what about your problem with..." he started saying only to be cut off by me, "It's okay Dar, nothing is happening to me" I said hoping that he would understand and just say yes to this case. "And I have my father for protection so there's nothing to worry about" I added. Daryl just stayed quiet. "Please??" "Mmm... I have a bad feeling about this Soph" he said making me think the case again. I could die, no, not really. "Please" "okay, only for this time" Daryl said in a defeating voice."So see you at the car in 10" I said giving him a quick kiss on the cheek and then taking off to my room to pack all my stuff into my duffle bag. I got everything ready and went out to the car, "So, where are we going??" Daryl said from the driver seat of our black suburban. You don't imagine how fucking much I love that car, it's amazing. "Chicago" I answered getting in the passenger seat and throwing my bag to the back seats. "Okay, lets go. It is a long way" Daryl said driving off to Chicago.
*****************************
"Where are we staying??" I asked knowing that that was Daryl's work to find out motels and good restaurants since I was now driving. "Mmmm... in 10 meters turn left" he said, I just nodded and when he indicated me to turn I just follow his lead. We arrived to the motel and got out. "I am going to go get our rooms" I said giving Daryl my duffle bag and entering the motel. "Hey, welcome to the Dragonfly" a cute woman with long brownish hair said, "Hi" I answered back,"A room for two please" I finished my sentence. The woman started searching for the keys and gave them to me. In that moment Daryl entered and we took off to our room. "Hope you and your husband have a good time in the Dragonfly. Call to reception if you need anything" the cute woman said making me stop in my tracks and reply to her "Mmm... thank you miss... and we are not married, he is just a friend" "Ohhh, I'm so sorry" she replied kind of embarrassed, "It's okay, no problem" Daryl answered her and then we really took off to our room. "Soph??" Daryl asked, "Yeah??" "That was weird" he said with a joking tone, "Yeah, I know. Although I am really getting used to it 'cause all the times that we have been called a couple" I said making Daryl laugh, "Yes, I guess so princess"
"At what time we are leaving??" Daryl asked breaking the silence. Truth is that I really haven't give it a lot of thinking to this case so I just shrugged it off and told him for him to decide.
We stayed in the hotel room a little bit and then went out to hunt the sons of bitches. I drove to the place where I have tracked down the demons and parked not too far from it. "What's the plan??" Dar asked, "Mmm... first just go to take watch and see how many are in there and see if we can handle them, and of course, stay alive" I said and Daryl just nodded. We entered the place quietly and carefully because you don't always know what is going to happen. Daryl and I were Walking, searching for any leads of demons until we heard noises. I just turned to see Daryl and gave him a sign with my hand to be quiet and follow me. We arrived to the origin of the noises that we heard. We counted down to three and I opened the door. I think it was the worst idea that I ever had, I should have never opened that door. I just stood there, frozen... until I found my voice and just said, "Are you fucking kidding me?!?!"