Body

"It's not my fault you performed a shitty genjutsu."

I announced it loudly and boldly as Sasuke stepped into my room that night, shutting the door tight behind him. Rather than looking angry or annoyed at me, above all, he seemed tired.

"That's why tonight I'm going to find out what went wrong," he said dully, trudging over to my bedside with heavy feet. Clutching my pillow in front of me, I cautiously eyed out the Uchiha as he loomed over me, hands in his pockets. "Look at me."

His eyes flashed red again, and for some strange reason, I felt as if my mind were being picked apart and scrutinized, giving me a slight headache as I looked away from the Uchiha after a few seconds. He narrowed his eyes at me in skepticism, and I rubbed my face as I tried to shake off the feeling of invasion.

"You said you were awake, and you were," he said, sitting on the side of my bed. "How did you know that wasn't a genjutsu either?"

"Why the hell would you put me under a genjutsu just to show me what you were already doing?!" I snapped irritatedly, crossing my arms and turning away from the Uchiha. "Are you really that thick?"

"I won't fail tonight," snarled Sasuke, reactivating his Sharingan and grabbing my face. I glared intensely into his eyes as I waited for it to take affect.

Please, please work tonight.

It took a while, but it finally got there. How did I know?

Because Sasuke let go of me, and said I could leave in a defeated tone. I made my way to the door and it opened once more, revealing Shisui standing on the other side. I greeted him warmly with a smile, but part of my mind kept niggling at me.

This isn't real.

***

The next couple of days passed by pretty uneventfully, save for me getting pretty good at throwing anything and everything at whatever Shisui instructed me to hit. We stayed out on the training grounds for a decent amount of time before I retired to my quarters again and waited for Sasuke, but his presence in my room every night was now a minimal part of my schedule, and I found it little more than an inconvenience to what I was doing with Shisui.

"Boom, bullseye!" Shisui did a fist pump as I managed to throw three kunai in a row at three different targets, all of them hitting dead center.

"This is great, we're making awesome progress," said the giddy Uchiha, clapping his hands together childishly. I laughed and put my hands on my hips, raising an eyebrow at him. "You're a natural born kunoichi! I'm dying to know who you are!"

"I'm Kohana Yoruno," I joked, reaching out and playfully punching him in the arm. His face briefly flashed a look of pain before breaking out into a look of tremendous relief, and I laughed.

"I know you didn't mean it, but that really hurt," he said with a light laugh, shaking his head at me. "God, you don't know how happy I am. You've got great accuracy and strength, and your first week here isn't even over yet! I'm excited to see what else you have in store for me!"

I grinned in lowkey embarrassment, raising a hand to the back of my head and scratching the nape of my neck.

"Now that we've covered how to effectively use shuriken and kunai, I want us to move on to hand to hand combat next week. I'll be teaching you how to kick, punch and block, as well as show you the most vulnerable points in your enemy's body to concentrate on when you want to win the upper hand. At some point in time we'll be able to spar together, but that won't be until I'm one hundred percent sure you know how to utilise taijutsu. Okay?"