Little Treasures

"Right. You, you, you, you and you-" I winced as Sasuke directed his last "you" at me, "are coming with us. You have ten minutes to pack any belongings you want to take. Bear in mind, you'll be carrying your own load, so I suggest you keep it light."

The children who weren't Yuki and Ryo all clustered around Kyoko, each fearfully trying to get some sort of grip on their mother figure. The two selected children in turn stood before me, each reaching for my hand. It was then that Ino stepped forward, Sai looking at her in shock.

"But sir, we don't live here!" she cried, stepping up to Sasuke with pleading in her eyes. He wore a look of displeasure and swatted her away, scowling.

"Then you have ten minutes to run home and get whatever you need," he leered venomously, turning to face Shisui and Naruto. "I'll be in the truck." He then exited, bringing me back to my senses. I snapped out of it, shaking my head and gently ushering Yuki and Ryo towards the staircase.

"Come on, you two, let's hurry it up!" I exclaimed, trying to mask the worry in my voice. The two slowly followed my guidance, and I rushed them upstairs to their respective rooms.

"Yuki, grab your bag and pack two sets of clothes, and one other thing you'd like to take, okay?" I instructed the snow white haired girl, ushering her into the girls' room while I hurried with Ryo to the boys' room. Without hesitation I ripped open the large wardrobe, grabbing the first backpack I saw - a decent sized red one with a fluffy little key-chain hanging from it- and a handful of clothes from Ryo's respective shelf. I rammed his clothes into the backpack without a second thought, telling him to go gather what toys he'd want to take. With that, he sprinted to his bed and pulled out a miniature toy soldier from under his pillow, presenting it to me with a solemn look on his face.

"Is that all?" I asked fervently, throwing in socks and underwear as Ryo slipped the toy into the front pocket of the backpack. He nodded and stepped back.

"Okay, let's go!" I ran back to Yuki with Ryo and his backpack in tow, to see the little girl frantically throwing her bedsheets around as she searched for something.

"Yuki, what are you looking for?!" I demanded, hastily scrambling forward and grabbing her discarded black backpack from the ground. It was already full of clothes, so I quickly rifled through it and double checked that everything she'd need was in there.

"My necklace!" cried the weeping girl, beginning to pull away the bedsheets on the nearby bed. I dropped down to my knees and began looking on the floor, thankfully catching a small glint from underneath another bed.

"Over there!" I pointed to the shimmering silver chain, at which Yuki leapt forward and dived, grasping the delicate snowflake charm in her tiny hands. She let out a sob of relief, but we didn't have any time for that.

"Downstairs, quickly!" I exclaimed, abruptly pushing the two towards the doorway. We rushed down the hallway and down the staircase, where Shisui and Naruto awaited us at the foot.

"No need to rush, Sasuke was just playing around," grinned Shisui, crossing his arms as he and Naruto exchanged laughs.

"Yeah, well, Sasuke nearly shot me the other day, so I don't really take risks with him!" I snapped in irritation, Kyoko rushing towards us with Yuki and Ryo's winter coats. "Where are Ino and Sai?"

"They're upstairs, gathering things for the three of you," she said, also handing me a thick, black coat. I nodded at her in thanks, accepting it and swiftly putting it on. "But I'm afraid poor Sai will have to put up with women's clothes, at least for now."

"I have money, we can buy whatever else we need," I said, buttoning up my coat and squatting down to check that Yuki and Ryo were nicely tucked in. It was a cold day outside, and this winter was the coldest it had ever been, so naturally, I wanted them to be nice and warm.