Bedridden

"I think I'm well enough to go for a walk. Shall we?"

A couple of weeks had passed since my so called miraculous return from death, and now, I was well on my way to a full recovery.

A majority of the two weeks had involved me being holed up in the room all day, while Sasuke took care of Ayumi and Shisui, and made sure that I never had to leave the bed for anything, unless it was to eat, go bathroom, or shower. It was sweet of him, and as much as I adored how well he was coping, if I stayed in bed any longer I was going to lose my mind.

Today, Kannon and Naruto were in, helping Sasuke by looking after Ayumi and Shisui while the Uchiha busied himself in the kitchen, cooking up something for dinner. And naturally, at my request, they all rejected it.

"No you're not."

"We shall not."

"No."

I sighed as all three of them resumed their tasks, feeling irritated at the fact that I was being restricted to the room. Sure, I got up and walked around the room for a bit every day, but that was nothing compared to actually being allowed to leave the room.

"Then at least let me help!"

As carefully as I could, I edged my way out of the bed and onto my feet, meeting even more conflict. It was even harder to manage considering both of my arms were in slings, which was meant to relieve pressure from my shoulders carrying their weight.

"Tera, stay there!" called out Kannon, who was on the playmat with Ayumi. "Come on, you can't do anything! You're not allowed to use your arms!"

"Then I can watch," I said glumly, trudging over to the kitchen where Sasuke was. "What's for dinner?"

"Sukiyaki." I looked around the counter and saw that he had already prepared the vegetables, a pot of rice was slowly cooking on an element at the back, and he was now getting ready to cook the beef. "Please, Tera, sit down. I've got this."

"I know you do," I said gently, resting my chin on his shoulder. "Thank you."

A small smile crossed his face, and I inhaled the mouthwatering scent of our dinner to be.

"That smells so good!"

"Just for you. Come on, go sit down now. Please."

I pouted as Sasuke continued to try and get rid of me, prompting him to bend down to my level and kiss me sweetly on the lips.

"Go. Now."

"You know, kissing me to get your way isn't always going to work," I pointed out as I turned away from him and headed back towards the bed. "Just wait until I'm better."

"I can, and I will!"

Rolling my eyes as I sat at the end of the bed, I then turned to watch Kannon and Naruto, and how they were faring with each of their children.

"Oh, Tera, by the way, Shisui only has one bottle left, so maybe we can get the pump out after dinner?" said Kannon, nodding towards Naruto, who was busy giving the infant his bottle while seated at the table. Usually, when night fell, either Kannon or Sasuke would sleep on a mattress on the floor with Ayumi, and in Kannon's room, the other would take care of Shisui for the night, with Naruto joining occasionally. My only job was to provide milk, which I didn't mind. I was grateful for all the help they were giving and this was the least I could do.

"Sure."

"Have there been any updates with the Hokage?" asked Kannon, looking towards the Uzumaki to have her question answered. On the days that Naruto wasn't with us, he was shadowing Tsunade, meaning that any questions we had about the war's impending future were almost always directed at him.