Name?

My baby girl was born shortly after 9am on the 26th of November.

In contrast to what Itachi had said about the child being "whisked away as soon as she's born," I found that no such thing happened.

After the hard part was done, and I was wheezing, sweating like a pig and groaning in pain, Karin had placed her on my chest as she and Sakura rushed around, doing god knows what.

As soon as I heard her little cries, I burst out into tears as well.

Drenched in sweat with my nose running and tears running down my face, I was crying as I felt her skin against mine, moist and warm.

"You did it, Tera! You did it!" exclaimed Karin encouragingly. "Now we just have to wait for the- aaaaaaand there it is..."

I gagged as I felt something wet slide out from between my legs, and knew that it was just what Karin was waiting for.

"Brilliant," she said. I ignored her and Sakura as I gingerly lifted my arms to the child on my chest, tear stricken and in absolute disbelief. Did I just have a baby?

I just had a baby.

And by god, she was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

She was small and weightless, and I could barely feel her weighing down on me. Her hair was maroon like mine, but much, much darker. Her little cries completely erased any pain or grievances I had had in the last nine months altogether; her little hands, tucked against my shoulder, reassured me. Her piercing cries, proved to me that she had a strong pair of lungs on her.

After a night of utter restlessness, followed by the most intense pain I had ever encountered in my life, I felt free at last.

After nine months of uncertainty and training to become a stronger fighter, I felt relieved.

After nine months of getting used to the fact that I would have to give up my child and never be able to see her again...

I wasn't going to let it happen.

At least, not for a while.

"Tera, there's someone here who wants to see you."

As I lay in my bed, weak and sniffling over my baby girl, I glanced up to see Sasuke emerge from behind the curtain, his face as pale as a sheet.

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked, wanting to sound edgy but failing drastically. He knew just as well as I did that I was too weak and tired to do anything at the moment, and wasn't going to be fooled by anything I said or did.

"I was meant to see you before you... but I was there... the whole time..."

That explained the look of horror on his face, at least.

"Say what you want to say and leave," I breathed, closing my eyes as I kept one hand on the back of my baby. I didn't even have a name in mind for her yet, and it annoyed me thoroughly that I hadn't come up with one yet.

"I was going to tell you to not mess it up, but I guess it's pointless to tell you all this now..."

I snorted at the Uchiha's words, opening my eyes a bit and  examining him.

"Great. If that's all you have to say, you can leave now."

The dark haired man's eyes widened, and he shook his head as he re-calibrated himself.

"Ah, yeah, her name. Her name is-"

"Whatever you're going to say, it's a no from me," I snapped, cutting off the Uchiha. "I'll name her myself, thank you very much."