Sora

"Shisui, I'm glad you and Naruto were able to make it on time."

The air in the Uchiha council meeting room was stiff as Fugaku greeted the newly returned travellers, nodding at them in acknowledgement. The pair bowed their heads in return.

Sitting around the round table were Fugaku and his sons, Shisui, Naruto, and nine other council members, who impatiently awaited for the news from Fugaku.

"What was so urgent you needed to disrupt our schedules, Fugaku?" asked one of the older men in irritation. Fugaku smirked at his colleague and leaned forward, interlocking his fingers as he looked at every single person in the room.

"Are any of you familiar with the myth of Amanohara Sora?"

When he was answered with silence, he leaned back in his seat, eager to tell the tale.

"It's said that long ago, in the time of the Warring States Era, a deity who dwelled in the heavens above grieved at the tremendous loss of life that she bore witness to, day in and day out. She hated the alien Kaguya Ōtsutsuki for introducing chakra into the mortal world, and was mortified by what humans who possessed that special gift were able to do.

"Triggered by the amount of children who were being lost on the fields, she descended upon the earth in order to restore what she believed to be peace. She used the name Sora.

"Initially, Sora had had good intentions. She believed that if she could just collect all the chakra unleashed in the world, she could return to the heavens and keep it out of humanity's reach once and for all. However, this was a tremendous task that required much of her time and patience, and it became a necessity for her to conform to the way of life of the barbaric humans. She managed to extract the chakra of many in her journey, possibly that of thousands of-"

"Did they die?"

Everyone's eyes went to Sasuke, who cut off his father without so much as a bat of an eyelash.

"No, Sasuke, they did not."

"If you drain chakra from someone, doesn't that kill them?"

"Sasuke, she was a goddess who wanted to preserve human lives, not take them away. I'm sure she found a way. Please, let me continue."

"Sorry."

Fugaku cleared his throat before delving back into his story once more.

"So, Sora managed to extract chakra from hundreds, possibly thousands, of people who held it, absorbing it into a part of her life force and making it her own."

"Fugaku, get to the point."

"I can't get there unless you hear the full story," snapped Fugaku. "Shut up and no more interruptions! Anyway, you know how these deities are when they come to the human realm and stuff. Sora met a shinobi from a dwindling clan, and since she had been in the human world for so long, she began to feel human emotions. And what do you know? She fell in love with the guy.

"Well, long story short, Sora fell deeply in love with this man, but one day, he was killed in battle. That love Sora had for him turned into absolute, world-ending rage. Her goal of bringing peace to the human world? Gone. Her new goal? End the wars by slaughtering everyone for the death of her beloved.

"Now this is the interesting part.

"Terrorising the world seemed to do good in terms of forming alliances between the battling clans in order to unite against a common enemy. At this stage in time, the two clans who were at the forefront of everyone's minds were the Senju and the Uchiha. For once in their history, the clans united to stand against Sora, and although they were able to withstand her attacks, they were unable to defeat her just on their own. Lesser clans gathered to fight, but they knew that they needed other, specific clans. For the purpose of taking down Sora for good, the Senju enlisted the help of the Uzumaki, who were already allies of theirs.