Itachi

It took me four months before Shisui was satisfied with my ability to perform the E-rank jutsu. At the beginning of those four months, I spent a considerable amount of time bedridden as I suffered from morning sickness, which irked me greatly. Now, in the heat of June, I felt like dying under the sun's burning rays. The sickness had receded, but the fatigue had not.

"Bunshin no jutsu!"

Moulding my chakra had become second nature to me, and I furrowed my brow in concentration as I stood with my feet planted firmly on the ground, smoothly weaving the hand signs for the execution of the clone jutsu. I felt a rush of air as two doppelgangers of myself flanked my sides, both of them standing haughtily with their arms folded across their chests.

My arms dropped to my side as I looked over at Shisui, who nodded in approval.

"Good." I released the jutsu and awaited further instruction. "Transformation. Into me. Go."

"Henge no jutsu!"

Standing in the middle of the training grounds were now two Shisuis, with the original one laughing at how irritated his face looked on me.

"Come on, Miss Grumpy Pants!" he chortled, slapping his thigh. "You don't look excited for someone who's about to learn C-rank stuff!"

I merely stared at him with a blank face, releasing the jutsu and reverting to my own body. Now almost five months along the way, my bump was becoming more rounded, and as it grew, so did my levels of fatigue.

"I'm tired, and it's hot," I said honestly, rubbing my stomach. Shisui grimaced and looked down at it before looking back up at me with a halfhearted smile.

"If it makes you feel better, today you'll be able to meet your Water Type teacher!" he said merrily. We were outside at the very same training ground he had taught me how to use weapons and taijutsu, and he looked around expectantly for any sign of my new teacher. I too glanced around, wondering who my new teacher would be. It was then that I saw a figure approaching us from the single path that led to the grounds from the compound.

"Is that them?" I pointed at the person in the distance, and Shisui looked over with a broad smile on his face.

"Yes! That's him!"

I squinted as the stranger approached, coming closer into focus. He was tall and lean, and assuming that he too was an Uchiha, he was dressed very casually for their standards. Wearing a white, short-sleeved button up shirt tucked into his crisp dark grey pants, the man's hands were tucked into his pockets as he progressed closer.

I looked at Shisui, raising an eyebrow at his uniform.

"How come you still have to wear your jacket?" I asked, eyes looking over the badges on his buttoned up khaki jacket. Shisui grinned, patting himself down.

"Personal choice," he said. "Itachi doesn't really care for the uniform. If he doesn't like it, he doesn't like it."

"Itachi? Sasuke's brother?"

"Yeah." Shisui scratched the back of his head, smiling uncertainly at me. "Um, I hope that's okay with you. I really do think he is the best person for the job."

"It's fine, it's fine," I said reassuringly, shaking my head. "As long as he's not a complete asshole like Sasuke, then I think we'll get along fine."

"Itachi's kind," he said confidently. "You'll love him."

"I'm glad."

I bowed as Itachi came closer to us, standing before Shisui with a wide grin on his face.