Cheat Sheet

"So when will I be getting my sight back?"

I was still blinded as Sasuke led me out of where I had been with Doctor Yakushi, and began leading me elsewhere. Instead of an answer, my reply was Sasuke violently twisting my arm, in a way to tell me to shut up.

"Okay, okay, I got it! Jeez!" I snapped as he moved my arm back into a normal position. We remained silent, even after he had dragged me to a halt.

"Where are you taking her?" came a new voice. I perked up, recognising the smooth, familiar tune. It was Shisui.

"To the preparation ward," came Sasuke's annoyed voice. "And where are you going?"

"I'm taking this one to the classroom," was Shisui's reply. It went silent for a while, and then Sasuke piped up.

"You take this one to the prep ward. I'll take the kid."

"Are you sure?"

"Just do it, Shisui." With a groan, I heard Shisui begin the prisoner exchange, and I felt myself trip over the person he had been with.

"Oops, sorry," I apologised, before feeling Shisui's reassuring grasp on my wrists.

"It's okay," squeaked the small voice, which I immediately recognised as Ryo's.

"Ryo-kun?!" I turned from Shisui to face the direction in which I heard Ryo's voice come from, shocked at having run into him again.

"Nee-chan?"

"Alright, alright, reunion over!" snapped Sasuke, unimpressed. "Get out of here."

"Ryo, take care!" I cried over my shoulder as Shisui began to lead me away, hearing Ryo's cry out in reply.

"Nee-chan! Nee-chan!"

Ryo's voice soon subsided into nothingness, and I sighed as I turned my head back to the front, trudging along. However, I was stopped by Shisui, and looked at him curiously over my shoulder. Or at least, tried looking at him. Or his general direction. Okay, I tried turning my head in the direction I thought Shisui was in, does that make better sense?

I squealed when I felt his hand under my chin, and although I leapt away from him, his grip was firm on my arm.

"He's blinded you. How rude," clucked the Uchiha, pulling my face. "Hold on."

I don't know what happened, but I felt Shisui pull my face towards his. This I know, because I could feel the warmth of his breath gently fanning across my face. Then, all of a sudden I felt like a weight was being lifted off of my shoulders; or more specifically, off of my eyes. Because after that, I could see again.

I could see that we were standing alone in a long, dark corridor, where the only source of light came from the electrical lights hanging from the ceiling.

"Shisui!" I exclaimed gratefully, giving him a look of relief. He smiled at me in return, and let go of my arm.

"Did you just get back from Yakushi's?" asked Shisui, crossing his arms as he shot me a worried look. I nodded.

"Yeah. The only thing I know is that I'm not going into your military force, which should be a good thing, right? Do you think they'll make me a cleaner or a servant or something? Or even- worst case scenario- that person who has to go drag dead bodies back after a battle?"

My stomach dropped as I envisioned my own worst case scenario, shivering at the prospect. Shisui frowned, and shook his head.

"No. You're too valuable for that kind of stuff," scoffed Shisui, looking as if he were deep in thought. He bit his lip, as if he wanted to say something, but couldn't find the right way to say it.