Terms and Conditions

"How do we make him be quiet?!"

"Can you blame him?! We've just separated him from his father- of course he's going to kick up a fuss!"

Gaara groaned as Kannon struggled to contain Yuta in her arms as they ran at full speed, the Uchiha's screams piercing their ears as he fought against Kannon. Since they had left the hideout, Yuta had done nothing but scream to the high heavens, regardless of whether it was Kannon or Gaara who was holding him. Less than an hour had passed, yet the child was still going strong with his resistance.

"Come on, let's stop," Gaara finally sighed, slowing down to a halt and waiting for Kannon to follow. The pair located a rock nearby and headed towards it, Kannon still fighting against Yuta as he wriggled violently in her grip.

With a look of defeat, Kannon relented and put Yuta down on the rock, where he subsequently sat himself down and burst into tears. His two escorts exchanged grimaces, both unsure of how to appease the young boy.

"Hey," said Kannon softly, bending down so that she was at eye level with Yuta. "It's okay. Your dad will come back to you soon."

Yuta ignored Kannon's words as he continued wailing, making Gaara wince. Upon leaving the hideout, Yuta had been somewhat cool- Itachi had explained to him what was happening as simply as he could, and he had been farewelled by Sasuke and Naruto as well. However, as soon as his father was out of sight, Yuta had begun bawling uncontrollably, so much so that Gaara feared it would bring about unwelcome attention.

"Okay. Is there anything in your backpack that could calm him down?" asked the Kazekage, scratching his head as he thought of ways to stop Yuta's crying. Kannon nodded and unslung her backpack from her shoulders, reaching in and pulling out a packet of sweets that had been given to them specifically for Yuta's sake.

"Hey, look, do you want a gummy bear?" asked Kannon desperately, tearing open the package and pulling out a red coloured treat. "Look, look! If you stop crying, we'll give you these! Okay? Do you like sweets, Yuta? Huh?"

"I want my daddy!" wailed Yuta, ignoring the gummy bear that Kannon held up to his lips. The Kurotsuki sighed and hung her head in defeat.

"Look, your dad will find you soon," said Gaara, crossing his arms as he stood above Kannon and Yuta. "But he can't find us if we don't meet him where we're supposed to go. So we have to go if we want to meet him."

"Mummy! Daddy!"

As Kannon tried and failed to hug Yuta, she was surprised by the sight of Gaara's sand approaching the young boy. She watched as it snaked towards Yuta, gently tapping him on the knee, before forming a wave and lifting him up into the air.

"Oh god," groaned Kannon, slapping a palm to her forehead as she waited for Yuta's screams of fear. However, no such thing came. Instead, she heard him hiccup as he let out a small snort of laughter, much to her astonishment.

"Yuta, you have to promise me and Kannon that you'll be a good boy," said Gaara as he gently bounced Yuta around in his sand, watching as his face changed from one of misery to one of blissful playfulness. "If you stop crying, we'll give you a treat. Okay?"

Yuta giggled as Gaara's sand threw him into the air and caught him once more, relaxing Kannon a little bit.

"Okay, Yuta?" appealed the Kazekage, ceasing to bounce Yuta around. The sand brought Yuta eye to eye with Gaara, who wore a serious expression as he faced the Uchiha. Yuta trembled for a bit, but nodded meekly as he met Gaara's eye. For now, the bouncing sand had distracted him from his mother and father.

"O-Okay."

Gaara smiled as he allowed the sand to resume bouncing Yuta around in the air, facing a flabbergasted Kannon as he did so.