Alliance

"My god..."

Sora had long since fled the battlefield, but not before promising that she would return to finish what she started. Preceding her departure was chaos and mass destruction, as well as a heavy loss of life in both the Uchiha and Senju ranks.

The time had come for the two opposing sides to come together and discuss any further plans, but before they could do that, they had to deal with their dead.

"I hope you understand that we can't take your people with us," said Tsunade to Fugaku as the pair watched their respective shinobi begin to tend to their comrades.

"We weren't asking you to."

Tsunade scowled at Fugaku's cold voice, and not too long after they were joined by Sasuke and Itachi. As they did, the Hokage received intel on her earpiece, and turned her attention away from the gathered Uchiha.

"Come in, Tsunade-sama."

"Gaara. Sora has fled, and I'm sending my troops back now. Over."

"Got it. And what about the Uchiha? Over."

"We've got the leaders here wishing to hold a meeting. Do we have permission to bring them back to the village? Over."

"How many people are we talking about? Over."

"Three."

"That's fine. See you soon. Over."

Tsunade sighed as she finished her conversation with Gaara, and looked warily at her foes.

"This is as far as your troops can go," she instructed Fugaku, pointing to the Uchiha shinobi who were dealing with their friends. "Only you and your sons may proceed to the village with us. That being said, you're going to be under strict surveillance, so I strongly discourage any of you from making any rash decisions."

"Of course. Why don't you lead the way?"

Suppressing the urge to roll her eyes at Fugaku, Tsunade turned on her heel and began making her way down, being joined shortly after by Kakashi, Neji and Hinata. Naruto was nowhere to be seen.

"Hinata, where has that idiot gone off to?" asked Tsunade as the Hyūga joined her at the front. Kakashi and Neji fell to the back of the group, keeping their eyes on the three Uchiha walking before them.

"I-I'm not sure, Tsunade-sama," said Hinata in a timid voice, not knowing herself. "I last saw him heading back to the village a while ago. I think he was helping transport the bodies back."

"Well, make sure he doesn't make a surprise entrance during our forum," said Tsunade under her breath, careful to make sure that their guests couldn't hear her. "Gaara and I have many things to discuss with them."

"Yes, Hokage-sama."

***

Sitting boredly in her room with none other than Shibuki as her guard, Kannon stared glumly out of her window. Hours had passed since Gaara had left her, and yet she hadn't heard back from him.

"Do you want to play a board game?"

The Kurotsuki raised an eyebrow at the former prison guard's sudden words, and turned around to see him walking into the room with a stack of board games in his arms. He grinned as he made his way towards Kannon on the balcony and set them down on the table in front of her, making her snort at his childishness.

"Really, Shibuki? A time like this, and you want to play board games?"

The young guard pouted as Kannon teased him, and sat down across from her.