Chapter 46

I'm preparing the thanksgiving dinner with dad. This is not like what I expected New Directions lost from sectionals and it's like one biggest nightmare ever. Seriously.

Finn just want to lock himself in his room. So I just let him to do that. I dont want to make him more sad because of this. He might be think about those kids.

"I cant stop thinking about Finn. I feel bad for him." I break a leg and let out a sigh. "You think I should come there and comfort him? He worked really hard with this sectionals thing."

"Honey, you said that he just wanna be alone right now right? Just let him." Dad says to me.

"Dad, I cant. Everytime I cried and I told him to be alone, he never leave me alone." I shake my head.

"Okay you can go but after the dinner done." Dad says to me.

"Alright." I nodded and sit down on the dining table.

Dad sit down opposite me and place the food on my plate. I'm just being quiet and cant stop thinking about Finn. Wondering is he okay or not. Oh God.

"Alright, let's pray for this blessing." Dad says and shows me his hand. We hold our hands each other and close our eyes. "Thank God for another blessed year for this little family. We have six chairs for this fining table but we only can fill it with two but thats okay. Thank God because this year Madison can got into Pace University and not longer there will be someone who want to propose her..."

I open my eyes and frowns. "Dad?"

"Oh I mean, I dont know but I just want.the best for us and this year Madison has a mother even though she doesnt live with her but that's fine again. Thank God for everything. Amen." Dad open his eyes. "Now it's time for dinner since we dont have turkey, chicken still can be our meal. Anything posibble in this house." Dad chuckles.

"Daddy...." I chuckle.

"Ah finally got to see your smile." Dad smiles at me.

"You're the best, dad. I cant thank God enough for giving me a father like you." I giggle.

"Well, we are just like princess Mindy and king Neptune from Bikini Buttom, arent we?" Dad chuckles.

"I dont wanna be a mermaid. I just wanna be myself." I smile at dad while eating my food.

"That's my daughter." Dad smiles back at me.

"Dad, what do you want for your birthday?"

"Seeing you're happy, that's enough." Dad says to me.

"Dad.. I'm serious." I roll my eyes. "I went to the mall with Kenisha tried to find something for you but we ain't got it. So now I'm asking you."

"You went out with her?" Dad raises his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah. After all this time I've been thinking that share is good enough even it was hard at first but that's okay. I just can pretend that my parents are divorced and my mom married another guy then I had a half-sister. That's it. I can share mom with her but I dont want to share you with anyone else. No way." I said to dad.

"You did good things, honey. I'm so proud of you." Dad smiles at me.

"Now tell me what do you want for your birthday?" I ask curiously.

"I just want to see you happy. That's it. Can you give it to me?" Dad asks me.

"I will." I smile at dad.

"Just finish this dinner then you can go to Finn." Dad smiles back at me.

"I'm confused what dress should I wear for your party." I giggle.