Voicemail

*-:Niall:-*

I doubt Jess even came over for Cara, that manipulative bitch.

I had already carried both my suitcase and Noah's carrier/carseat down in the elevator, plus a carry-on of a book that Cara had once advised me to read, Divergent I think; a toothbrush; toothpaste; and a few bottles of milk for Noah while at the airport and on the plane.

Eventually the black taxi rolled up outside the building and idled. Not idly of course; no, the cabby was feverishly tapping his fingers on the dashboard by the time I'd dragged my carry-on, the shared tweed suitcase of Noah and I's, and Noah himself outside through the depressing downpour.

"Aren't you supposed to come and help me with these?" I grumbled as the dull-grey-and-white-and-green-plaid-cushioned carseat Noah was ever so comfortable in was struggled with; it was difficult to try to press him in as well as the case and bag.

"Yup," he smirked. Filthy trash.

I continued to push and rearrange, finally reaching my breaking point. Throwing my hands up in the air and stepping away from the door of the tiny, cheap looking cab.

"Can't you just open the fucking boot?" I spat furiously. I needed desperately to get out of this place; there was nothing here for me anymore so I had to blow this stuffy tea stand.

"Shh, there's a baby," said he, running his thick, sausage-like fingers through his greasy black handlebar moustache. Asshole.

"Just open it or I'm not paying you a single pound." Rolling his eyes, he pressed the tiny, near unnoticeable unlock button for the somewhat reasonably-sized boot. "Now was that so hard?" I growled rhetorically, hefting the tan-and-brown traveler's-bag and finally getting my belongings secured in this shithole car.

"Thanks for your help," I muttered sarcastically, checking Noah's seatbelt one more time before going to my place in shotgun.

The asshat who called himself a cabby finally got me to the airport, charging an extra ten pounds more than I read on the monitor but I was too lazy to care.

Fishing out the proper amount of cash from my wallet I heard Noah coo and gurgle at me. My fatherly instincts were on high alert, for airports were busy and insecure; items were stolen and went missing all the time.

It took me a few seconds to realize that Noah had dropped something; a somewhat small, curled-up bunch of knit fabric.

Cara's blouse.

Christmassy and generally "nice," the sweater-like top had become his favourite thing since I had kicked his mother out and she hadn't returned.

I saw he was preparing to cry, so quickly I scooped up "his" shirt and gave it right back to him, tucking it around him and under some portions of his seatbelt so as to not lose it again. He would never forgive me, even if he wasn't old enough to remember.

Noah's stroller sat patiently as I paid the driver, him speeding off instantly after. /Probably to go scam someone else out of ten pounds/, I thought to myself bitterly.

*-: Cara :-*

Sighing, I once again looked through my iPhone at the many, many pictures of both of my angels dominating my camera roll.

Absentmindedly, I wondered if Niall would let me visit Noah. The thought built until it was a strong, powerful urge.

Without another word, I stood from Jess and Blake's couch, marching out the door and leaving the two of them completely clueless.

Noah. Noah. Noah. Noah.... Niall.

I felt as if my little adventure to our-his, apartment was not only because of my baby but also owing thanks to the man I still loved.

After two bus journeys, spending one beside a smelly man which wasn't pleasant at all, I arrived at the apartment block.

I buzzed up, hearing no reply. I pressed the buzzer repeatedly and still no answer.

I assumed he wasn't at home and is probably getting the shopping done or something like that.

I wanted to call him but was unable to bring myself in doing so.

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and went to my contacts. I lightly pressed on Niall's name, making it call him.

Slowly putting the phone near my ear, I waited for an answer.

After what felt like an hour, it went straight to his voicemail.

'Niall here, sorry I couldn't catch your call, leave a message and I'll get back to ya.'

"Niall... It's me... Please call me back A.S.A.P... it's important." I hung up before I burst into tears, I hope he calls me soon.

A/N: Sorry the chapter took so long and is short.

Can we get 2k votes? :)

Follow my twitter @kisswhoIG

Please check out my Harry Styles fic 'Recovery' it's on my page :)