Packing

Niall's POV:

I've been chatting to my mum every night since Cara left. I just get so lonely and want to hear her voice.

"Have you been talking to Greg?" I asked, my voice sounding emotionless.

"Yes. Of course you can live here, Niall. But it's not a good idea to not tell Cara that you're taking Noah. She's his mother,"

"You're half right. She hasn't made any effort to come over and see him so," I shrugged as I switched on the kettle. "I'd rather raise him in Mullingar anyway," I sat back down on the couch, ruffling my hair as she spoke.

"You're not planning on going back to London?" Her voice sounding shocked.

"I don't know," I sighed.

"Alright... The next flight here is in the morning, is it?"

"Afternoon," I confirmed. "Three p.m."

"Grand. I'll see you tomorrow then, goodnight," her voice becoming more soft.

"Night mum," I said and waited for her to hang up.

I poured my tea into a mug and swallowed some of the loveliness.

I went grocery shopping earlier and put the items in their required places.

I decided to take a bath after I had my tea. I left the door wide open, so I could hear if Noah start crying.

***
THE NEXT MORNING

Noah woke me up once again with his crying. I lifted him up in my arms and walked into the kitchen to fix him a bottle.

I looked to the clock, seeing it was only 9 a.m. I don't really mind him waking me up early. Sometimes it's nice waking up early.

I fed and burped him and his eyes were wide open.

An hour after feeding him, I washed and changed him. I had his clothes already picked out. An Irish jersey, jeans and white converse. I love dressing him like me because he looks so cute.

I had my clothes picked out too. I set Noah carefully in the middle of mine and Cara's- well just MY double bed now. He looked so peaceful. He waved his arms around and kicked his legs, smiling.

I played with him for a few minutes and he got sleepy. After settling him in his crib, I began packing.

Looking to the clock again, it was 11 a.m. The airport is only 20 minutes away and I should be packed by twelve. The plane is at 3 p.m, I already have a taxi sorted so everything's good.

My suitcase is big enough for Noah and I to share. I packed Noah's clothes in first then started on mine. I shoved some of my stuff in because I'm no good at folding, I always asked Cara to.

I don't feel guilty for taking Noah away with me because she didn't even call to see how he was or anything.

I'm running out of money because I haven't been to work in a while and I refuse to borrow off anyone. I have about £630 out of my savings and I'll change it to Euro when I arrive in Ireland.

The suitcase looked messy so I attempted to fold them.

Hearing the buzzer buzzing, I proceeded to walk over and press the button to hear who was calling.

"Hello?" I said, part of me hoping it was Cara.

"Niall, it's Jess." My heart dropped. "I need to grab more of Cara's things... Is that okay?"

"Yeah." I said and buzzed her up. I punched the wall in my room because I was furious at Cara. Why isn't she bothering to see how her child is?

I pretended nothing was wrong when Jess walked in.

"Need help packing?" She asked.

"No." I spat, shoving the clothes in. "Yeah." I changed my mind and she helped me pack.

"How is he?" She nudged her head in the direction of Noah's crib.

"At least you care about him. He's fine." I huffed.

"She does care, Niall..." She was referring to Cara.

"She cares?! Then why hasn't she called? Hmm?" I snapped then quietened down before I woke Noah.

"I don't know," she answered.

"If you don't know then I don't know." I zipped my case. "What time is it?" I asked, wheeling the case to the sitting-room.

"11:40," she said.

"The taxi is gonna be here at 12. Will you just take her things and leave."

"Niall, you need to relax. Sit down," she said softly.

I sat on my bed and she slouched beside me. Time for one of her speeches.

"Cara misses Noah but I know you don't wanna get back with her. Maybe you can keep her in your life if you dated... Someone else,"

"Greg said that. I don't think I'm ready. I should wait until Noah's older. I'm just focusing on him now,"

She placed her hand on my knee and I looked at her.

"Your choice," she said and leaned in. Our lips melded together and became one. I willingly let her lay me back on my bed until I realised exactly what I was letting her do.

She sat on top of me and I put everything to a stop. "You're with Blake?"

"Yeah," she said.

"What the fuck are you kissing me for then? Get off!" I shoved her slightly.

"What's the problem?" She said. She is so dumb.

"I know what it's like to be cheated on! Blake is my friend! I should actually tell him about this!"

"Niall-" she began before I cut her off.

"You have two seconds to get out." I warned.

She scurried out and I stood there in shock. What an idiot! Blake is an amazing guy, what was she thinking?

Did she let Cara stay with her just to get to me?

A/N: Sorry this chapter is kinda rushed and poorly written but 2 updates in one day!

Bet you weren't expecting what happened with Jess ;)

Follow me on Twitter and tell me what you think of this chapter @kisswhoIG

My Instagram is @okhazza :)