Understanding

Niall's POV:

"Cara, after college, do you wanna move in with me?" The suspense was so thick, the room seemed to fall silent, although I knew that everyone, all the strangers in the restaurant, didn't hear a thing and went on with their normal business.

"Niall, I..." she wavered, unsure about her answer. I crossed my fingers internally that she'd see the light and would say yes, but of course that wasn't the case.

"I don't know, Niall. I'll have to think about it. This is a huge step in our relationship, and I don't know if I -if we- are ready to take it yet."

My heart sunk with each of her words. If felt as if I was skydiving above Mariana's Trench without a parachute, destined to smack against the dark water and sink, sink, sink until I hit rock bottom miles below.

My heart shattered as well, breaking into a few million pieces when she pretty much rejected me.

But, instead of objecting to her choice, I nodded sadly and held back tears.

"O-okay. I understand."

"Niall, please don't make me feel bad about this." She scooted closer to me and hugged me. "I love you Niall, you know that. I just don't want to rush into things and end up hurting each other." Cara then connected her lips with mine, cheering me up a small bit.

Afterwards, I told her truthfully, "And I love you too." She smiled, causing my heart to leap with hope. Maybe one day she will say yes, and we'll live together.

~

Greg drove us down to Dublin, the concert was in Croke Park.

"Thanks man, appreciate it." I said, hopping out of the car.

"Text me before it's over and I'll come back to collect you's," he said and I gave him a thumbs up.

~

This concert is great. Cara and I have a great view, front row. At one point during a song, I was recording on my iPhone Jon the lead singer, pointed at my phone and smiled.

"DID YOU JUST SEE THAT?!" I shouted to Cara over the loud music.

"YEAH!" she smiled.

During their slow song 'Always' I stood behind Cara with my arms wrapped around her, singing the song in her ear.

~

Greg collected us down the road from Croke Park. Cara and I sat in the back seat.

"Was it good?" he asked.

"It was class" I said. "During a song he pointed at me phone and smiled." I leaned back in my seat, with my arm around Cara.
"One of the best nights of me life, what time is it?" I asked.

"Nearly one a.m" Greg replied.

"The minute I go in, I'm gonna have some cake," I said and smiled at Cara.

~

We arrived at the house at two a.m, it's an hour drive from Dublin.

I used Greg's key to unlock the front door. I gave him his key back, Cara and I went quietly inside.

"The noise of ya! Take those things off!" I whispered sternly, pointing at her high heels.

I switched on the light and walked inside and screamed. A doll was sitting on the couch facing us. My mum walked out of the kitchen laughing.

"Ma, what the hell?!" I bent down holding my chest because I almost had a heart attack.

"I was looking through the attic and found this," her and Cara were still laughing.