Mullingar

~ A few days later ~

Niall's POV:

I set my alarm at five in the morning. The plane takes off at nine. I packed my suitcase yesterday, I have enough clothes for the weekend. I can't wait to see what Cara got me for my birthday! Twenty years old tomorrow.

Her and I agreed to meet at the main door in the college. I quietly closed my door, so I wouldn't wake Blake and walked to Cara and I's meeting place.

"Hey, gorgeous," I greeted her, planting a kiss on her lips.

"Hey, the taxi's outside, you ready?"

"Let's go," I replied. We quietly wheeled our suitcases to the outside and put them in the boot of the car.

~

Caras POV:

We were on the flight to Mullingar, and were scheduled to land at nine in the morning, Mullingar time.

It was about eight thirty a.m. at that point in the flight.

I opened my eyes drowsily and looked to my left, smiling when I saw Niall cuddled into my shoulder. His light quiff tickled my cheek as his chest rose and fell along with his breath.

"Mmm," I hummed, resting my head on his carefully, so as to not wake him.

I rubbed the dust from my eyes, shifting the way I was sitting. He inhaled slightly and I felt his grip on me tighten.

"Niall," I whisper. "Niall. Wake up," I said in his ear.

"Five more minutes, Blake," he whined, still half-asleep.

"Niall!" I said exasperatedly. He jolted awake, startled.

"What!?" Niall yelped, alarmed.

I giggled softly. "We're landing soon," I explained.

"Ah, sorry I didn't realise," he blushed, hugging me and pecking me on the lips a few times, before creating a full-on kiss.

"Mommy, why are they eating each other's faces?" The small voice echoed throughout the plane, earning some laughter and a few glances in our direction.

We broke contact and, grinning, looked over at the little girl and laughed. She stared at us wide-eyed for a few seconds then looked away, being scolded by her mother for looking at strangers.

I looked at Niall and giggled sheepishly, earning a cute smile and that beautiful twinkle in his eyes, making my heart soar with appreciation.

He loved me, actually loved me. Only me.

And he'd proved it to me a million times over. When I first accepted him as my boyfriend, I thought for sure he'd mess it up, and he almost did a couple times.

But he's come right back out of it, and that's what shocked me.

"Hey babe, we're about to land." At the sound of his beautifully familiar voice, I snapped out of my thoughts.

Excitedly, I peered out the window at the sight below us.

"Ireland's so.... Pretty." Niall laughed at my statement, surprising me. I looked at him questioningly.

"Em, thanks?" He said awkwardly. I smiled sadly; why did he have to make it weird?

"S-sorry," I said through the lump in my throat.

"Aw, no, don't do that," he hugged me into his front, muttering small apologies. "I didn't mean to say it like that," he whispers into my hair.

Ding. Ding.

"Please fasten your seat belts and prepare for landing." The pilot's voice came over the intercom, announcing our arrival.

After the plane landed, we exited and got our luggage. The taxi ride to his place felt surprisingly short, although it was a good forty five or so away from the airport.

I was so nervous meeting his family. We pulled up to a standard, nice looking house with brick walls and a wooden front door. There was a red car in the garden. The garden was nice with flowers and it to me, it looked like his mum did some gardening.

We took our luggage out of the taxi, Niall payed him and we knocked at the front door.

We were greeted by a short-ish, woman, who i'm guessing is in her early 50's and I assume is Niall's mother.

"Niall, sweetheart," she hugged him. "I've missed you so much!"

"I missed you too mum," he kissed her on her cheek. She turned to me.

"You must be Cara" she smiled. "I'm Niall's mother, Maura. Niall's been ringing me and telling me all about you," she hugged me.

"let me help with your bag," she politely took my suitcase and brought it into the living room.

"Thank you," I said, grateful for her help.

"No problem at all, Niall grab the bags and bring them upstairs." She ordered. "Cara follow me into the kitchen and I'll put on the kettle" she said, I obeyed and followed her in.

Niall's POV:

So far things are going great, my mum likes her and i'm so happy about that. I put my suitcases in my old room and put Cara's in the spare room next door to me. I walked down to the kitchen and my mum made me a cuppa tea.

"Ta," I said and held the mug with my two hands, to warm them up. "When's Greg, Denise and the baby coming over? Can't wait to see 'em." I said, taking a sip of my tea.

"Ah, he's gorgeous. He's the image of Greg. I'll ring him, he should be here."

We were interrupted by the front door unlocking and my brother coming in.

"Nialler!" He shouted, carrying the baby in his carrier. He set the baby down and gave me a big hug. Denise came in and start chatting to Cara.

"Cara, this is Greg." I introduced and they shook hands.

"Heya, how ya doing?" He said to Cara.

"And his fiancé, Denise," they shook hands.

"Let me see him" I said lifting the baby up from his carrier. "He's so light,"

"Let's get a picture of that," Mum said and pulled out a camera. I smiled for the picture, holding him. After the photo was taken, Cara walked over to me and had a look at the baby.

"He's so cute," she caressed his cheek.

"When he's older he's gonna be the next best footballer," Greg and I laughed.

"He is indeed," Greg took him from my arms and put him back in his carrier, to sleep.

"Later on, we should all go down the pub for a nice pint," Greg said, standing beside Denise.

"Deffo, didn't have one in ages." I said, sitting down in the chair to drink my tea.

"Didn't have one myself, in ages" Denise butted in. "How was the flight?" she asked.

"Grand." I took a sip of my tea. "Was only two hours."

"Alright, sorry to leave early, we have work." Greg sighed.

"Who's gonna mind the baby?" mum asked.

"Dunno, was gonna drop him down to Denise' ma's."

"Me and Cara will mind him" I suggested and Cara agreed.

"Yeah, we'd love to" Cara said.

"Are you sure?" Denise looked at Cara and I.

"Yeah, no bother" I smiled.

~