Smoke and Hospitals

Niall's POV:

My alarm clock frightened the shit out of me when it rang, I fell off the bed. My head hurt so much, shouldn't've drank with the lads last night.

I turned my alarm clock off. I woke Blake up and changed into new clothes.

"You were so wasted last night," Blake said, putting his t-shirt on.

"Really?" I laughed and drank a glass of water.

"You were singing the Barney theme song when you and kept saying Cara's name in your sleep."

I laughed and ruffled my hair.

"It's good that you're happier since yesterday, what happened?" He asked boldly.

"I don't know... But Cara was pretty mad at me again."

We both grabbed our bags and made our way to our first class.

"Oh, so that's what it is! Niall has the hot's for Cara Ribeiro," he teased.

"Noooo!" I tried denying it.

"Yes you do, you can stop denying it," Blake said.

"... Fine. I like Cara, so what?"

"Well it's the first girl that you properly like-" he was suddenly distracted when he saw Jess in the hall.

"See you later, man." He ran over to Jess and embraced her while I made my way to English.

The class was so boring. I took my notepad out and wrote Cara's name all over it.

~
At lunch I approached Cara.

"Can I take you out tonight?" I didn't even say hello. Whoops.

"... I have plans with Chris."

"But you have to give me a chance. Cancel."

"... Fine," she muttered.

Cara's POV:

The day I wanted to go out with Chris, Niall said the date was today. I didn't want to make him upset, so I agreed.

"See ya later," he smiled and skipped along like a child over to his table.
It's good to see him in a happier mood.

~

After classes, I went up to my room to have a nap.

I plugged my laptop into it's charger beside Jess' bed. I soon dozed off.

Niall's POV:

After all the classes were over, I had a shower and then got dressed for my date with Cara.

It was 7:35 p.m. right now.

I made my way up to her dorm.

I smelled something burning and saw smoke billowing out from under the door frame. I rushed to her door and banged repeatedly.

"CARA! CARA!" I shouted and tried to open the door. Locked. "CARA!" I kept kicking the door until it opened. I kicked just under the lock and it swung.

There was a fire beside Jess' bed. I rushed over to Cara and put her over my shoulder. The room was black with smoke. I ran out.

"EVERYONE THERES A FIRE GET OUT!" I saw two girls run into Cara's room with a fire extinguisher.

Soon enough the smoke alarm went off. Water fell down from the ceiling, and Cara and I got soaked. I ran down the staircase to get outside. Everyone was going crazy. I ran outside and put Cara on the grass.