Spilled Guts

~ The Next Morning ~

Cara's POV:

The bell rang for lunch. Tucking my laptop under my arm, I walked out of the classroom and to the cafeteria.

"Hey, you," a familiar voice said. I turned to face the speaker.

"Chris," I smiled.

"When classes are over, do you wanna meet me by the big tree outside for a picnic?" He had a wide smile on his face. "I make THE best sandwiches." He jokingly bragged.

"Yeah, that sounds good."

"Great, see you then." He gave me a kiss on my cheek and walked over to his pals.

I proceeded to make my way over to Blake and Jess.

"Hey, guys," I sat down.

"Hey, do you want my sandwich?" Jess asked, pushing her tray slightly towards me.

"Yeah," I replied and took it off her tray.

"So, what's your plans for later?" she asked suspiciously. Did she know about Chris, or was she just being a good friend and making conversation?

"Just hanging out with Chris," I answered truthfully, taking a bite out of her/my sandwich.

"Chris?" Jess asked, surprised.

"He's a nice guy," Blake butted in as he took a sip of his water.

"Yeah, he's such a gentleman-" Jess decided to interrupt me mid-sentence.

"Where's Niall?" She looked at Blake.

"I don't know, probably talking to some girls somewhere," he shrugged.

As soon as he said that, Niall walked over to a table with Justin and Luke. We looked at each other but he didn't smile at me, or anything.

It pulled at my heartstrings, a little pang of hurt jolting through my chest.

~

The rest of the day flew by, and it was time for me to meet Chris by the big tree outside for the picnic. I was actually looking forward to it. Chris is such a nice guy.

I walked outside and spotted him. A blue blanket was spread out on the grass, Chris sitting on it, the brown picnic basket beside him. He smiled at me as I walked towards him. He stood up and kissed me on my cheek, followed by a hug.

We both sat down beside each other and Chris proceeded to take sandwiches, biscuits and juice out of the basket. I noticed his laptop and some DVD's in the basket.

"What's that for?" I asked.

"I thought that we could maybe watch a film after the picnic, if you're not busy...."

"Yeah, what movies do you have?" I asked.

"I have," he reached into the basket and took three dvd's out, "Jaws, Independence Day, and Pretty Woman."

"Pretty Woman?" I giggled.

"Hey, that's a good film," he defended.

"It is... but do you wanna watch Jaws?" I offered hopefully.

"Good choice, we shall watch that," he says with fake grandeur, mocking the use of 'shall'.

I grabbed a jam sandwich, while he took ham and cheese. I unwrapped the tinfoil on mine, preparing to eat.

"So, how was your day?" He asked, taking a bite from his sandwich.

"It was good I guess, a pretty average day. What about you?"