Home

I excused myself and walked to a secluded spot where nobody could hear me.

"How'd you get this number?" I whispered sternly and heard him snicker to himself.

"I have my ways. You didn't answer my question. How's the baby?" His voice sounds deeper, different from the last time I spoke to him over the phone.

"That is none of your business. How'd you even know about our baby? Are you here?" I spun my body around to see if Chris was anywhere to be seen.

"Maybe I am, maybe I aren't. I'll see you soon, big guy." He chuckles and I knew he had a slight smirk on his face.

"If you come near us I will literally fucking kill you-" I was about to finish but he hung up. Fucking stalking, psychopathic, freak. Has Cara been in touch with him or something? Haven't heard from him for a good nine months and he calls me on the day my child is born?

I sat back down at the table, thinking about what he wants from me and Cara.

"What's wrong?" Blake asked, sitting up slightly.

"Nothing." I didn't make eye contact and he wasn't falling for that lie.

"Something's bugging ya. What happened? Who was it?"

I sighed and said it. "Chris."

"That psycho from college?" He raised his voice in surprised. "He beat up Cara and all that?" He said and I nodded. "What did he want?"

"I don't know but I told him i'd kill him if he came near us." I pouted my lips slightly and began thinking of a plan.

"He's supposed to be in a mental hospital though?" Jess interspersed. I looked at her then down at my hands and start fiddling with them.

"I know. He must've left."

"You gonna tell Cara?" She asked and I shrugged.

"Fuck sake," I muttered to myself, rubbing my eyes.

"You gonna ask her dad if you can marry her?" Blake failed to change the subject.

"Yeah, we'll sort something out. But Chris. What the fuck is wrong with him?" I scratched the back of my head then punched the table in anger, drawing some stares. I ignored the stares and sipped more of my coffee.

"Forget about him. He's just teasing you. You and Cara have a baby now, you're gonna get engaged on Christmas day when she says 'yes'. You're gonna be a happy family, alright?" He slapped my back slightly, but it hurt.

"Yeah," I responded, ignoring the pain.

"You're gonna name your next kid after me right?" He joked but I wasn't in the mood for joking. Chris has ruined this whole day for me. But why am I letting him? It's Cara and I's day, not his!

"Right, Niall?" Jess clicks her fingers in my face. "Niall?"

"Yeah," I nod, not having a clue what she's talking about because I wasn't listening.

"When is Cara and the baby allowed go home?" Blake wondered.

"Eh, I actually dunno. When she's awake I suppose," I shrug. I remembered the second Noah was born. His blue eyes sparkling when he first opened them and his tiny arms waving around when the nurse wrapped him in a blanket. I smiled to myself. "I'm gonna go buy some things for the baby, you's coming?" I asked.

"Sure," they both said.

We went to different shops and I bought Noah a bib that said 'Mummy's boy' and a small football jersey with 'Horan' written on the back and the number '1' underneath it.

"That is so cute," Jess admired them. "Did you call your mum and tell her?"

"Yeah, I rang her in the taxi on the way here. I'll call her again now," I whipped out my phone and dialled her number.

After a few rings she picked up. "Hello?" She said.

"It's Niall, Noah is doing great, he's healthy and i'm here with my friends buying some bits and pieces for 'em,"

"That's wonderful," I could hear the excitement in her voice. "Send me a picture of him when you can,"

"I will and is Greg there?" I wondered because I wanted to tell him all about the baby.

"No he'll be over shortly, i'm making dinner for him and Denise,"

"Alright, and ma?"

"Yes?"

"I'm gonna propose on Christmas day," I said, smiling to myself as I walked ahead of Blake and Jess.

"That's wonderful! I'm delighted for you! Congratulations," I chatted with her for a few minutes, well she did all of the talking. Telling me to stay in work and have food on the table for her and take care of Noah and I told her i'd take care of him with my life. Him and Cara.

I hung up when my phone beeped, signalling that it was about to die.

"She was excited, am I right? I could hear her saying 'wonderful' about ten times," Blake said, walking along side me with him and Jess holding hands.

"Yeah, she's delighted. This is crazy though innit? I have a child now, like an actual human," I took another look at the clothes I got Noah and smiled.

"Yeah, it's great. You and Cara are gonna be the best parents," Jess said.

Four hours later, nine p.m, Cara, the baby and I were allowed to leave. We signed the birth certificate and all that then left.

I placed Noah in his carrier and when we arrived at the apartment, I lifted him out of the taxi, gently, trying not to wake him up. I then helped Cara out.

I unlocked the door to our apartment and switched on the light. "Welcome to your new home, little buddy," I whispered to Noah. I know he doesn't understand a word i'm saying but I like talking to him.

"I'm so tired, i'm gonna head to bed, babe." She was about to take Noah and put him in his crib next to our bed but I objected because I wanted to be with him for a few minutes.

"If you need help, i'll be in the room," she kissed my lips.

"I love you, Cara," I said, planting another kiss to her lips then moved slowly down her neck, kissing spots. She pulled away gently and walked into the bedroom. I turned to Noah, who's carrier was on the table. "And I love you, little buddy,"

His eyes fluttered open at the sound of my voice and I lifted him out. I grabbed his bottle from the bag and sat down on the couch. I put the tip of the milk bottle in his mouth and he was gulping it down. "Like your da-da," I laughed. "You love food,"

When he finished his bottle I gave him the pacifier and he looked at me for a second and held my pinky finger. "Guess what, Noah," I whispered so Cara couldn't hear me. "Daddy is gonna propose to mammy on Christmas day,"

He was falling asleep, holding onto my finger but I continued talking. "And if she says 'yes', i'm gonna buy a big, big house and we could have another baby. A baby girl. Would you like that?" His eyes were completely shut but I still kept talking to him. "You'd be a big brother and beat the shit out of any fella that goes near her," I whispered and laughed to myself.

"I know you haven't a clue what i'm saying but, I love you so much and i'll protect you with my life, son," I kissed his forehead and got up from the couch. I gently opened the bedroom door and placed him in his crib, he was fast asleep. I stripped down into my boxers and hopped in the bed beside Cara and wrapped my arms around her.

A/N: Hope you liked this chapter. I started a new Harry fanfic 'Recovery' go give it a read and tell me what you think of it :)