Clubbing

I look in the mirror and smoothen out the wrinkles in my snug black dress, as Jess accidentally sprays my shoulder with perfume. "Oh." She says bluntly, turning the nozzle to face her before spraying perfume once again. I laugh at her and apply a thin coat of red lipstick.

"You owe me one after this.." I say followed my an exasperated sigh.

"Look, I know you aren't particularly fond of Niall."

"Hate him." I correct her.

"But he's Blake's best friend." She continues as she put on mascara, "and Blake is my boyfriend... so could you please just try? For me?" She pleads.

I let out a deep sigh, "For you."

As we enter the club, I'm immediately surrounded by the thumping house music, sweaty bodies and the smell of alcohol.

"We're gonna go get some drinks!" Blake yelled over the music.

Jess and I find refuge in a booth in the corner.

The boys soon return with drinks in hand, beers for them, apple martinis for us.

"Oh-ho-ho," I laugh, spinning the glass on its bottom. "The fruity drinks, huh?"

Niall looks at me quizzically, "What?"

"Well I just assumed an Irishman would at least bring me something stronger."

He looked at me taken back, "Something stronger?" He confirms.

"Something stronger." I repeat.

"I'll see what I can do," he smirks, getting up.

Jess and Blake were too busy kissing each others faces off to even notice anything.

"Hey, baby," an attractive man stumbles forward, obviously drunk, "What's your name?" I ignore him and take a sip of my martini.

"Move." Niall says behind him straight eyed. The man obeys and gestures to the table as to present his now open path before stumbling on.

"Tequila strong enough for ya?" He asks while setting down 4 shot glasses.

I look up at Jess and Blake who have displayed their strong lungs, having not come up for air yet.

"I guess we'll have to do theirs for them.." He says holding up one glass. I take one and join him.

"To.."

I knock my head back and gulp the drink down.