Slammed Doors

~ The Next Day ~

Cara's POV:

"So you and Niall," Jess brings up as we walk down the hallways. I glance at her, then back to the halls in front of me.

"What about it?" I ask.

"You've been on a couple dates now-" she pauses, "you're not starting to like him are you?" She gives a concerned look at me.

"Well.. I don't know, maybe," I can't help but smile at myself. She looks at me with wide eyes. "Well so what if I do? He's not that bad of a guy really..." She turns away trying to mask her shock, doing a bad job at that.

"Oh, there's Blake, I'll catch up with you later yeah?" She calls out as she's already turned in his direction jogging up to him.

"Yeah," I sigh alone, "later."

I continue walking around the campus looking for Niall, when I passed a vaguely familiar girl speak loudly to her friends "Yeah Niall stopped by last night and we like totally got it on," she bragged.

My pace slowed down causing the students behind me to bump into me slightly. "Oh.. Sorry." I say half heartedly and continue walking.

I had soon spotted Niall standing by a vending machine talking with some people I had recognized on the basketball team.

He noticed me walking towards his direction and smiled at me. I turned my attention away from him and picked up my pace as I wade past him.

Niall's POV:

At the end of the day, I went to Cara's room to figure out what was the matter with her in the hallway today.

"Hey, I've been tr-" before I finished talking she slammed the door in my face.

I stutter to a halt, expression frozen in shock.

"Cara," I said, persistently knocking. "You open this door right now!" I raised my voice.

I heard the lock click from the other side.

"Excuse me? Did you just 'instruct' me to open the door? Let's get one thing straight, Horan. You do not tell me what to do. YOU DO NOT TELL ME ANYTHING. DO NOT TALK TO ME, DON'T EVEN LOOK AT ME!" She shouted and slammed the door in my face.

"Fine then." I mumbled and began to walk back to my own dorm.

The girl from London that I was talking to other day, was knocking on my door.

She looked at me, her smile brightening when I looked back at her. "Hey, there you are."

"Well hello, London." I replied and she laughed.

"How are you?" I asked as I entered my room.

"I'm great" she replied following me in.

"That's...good, whats up?" I asked, puzzled that I was still talking to her.

"Nothing, you?" She sat down on my bed.

"About to change into my basketball uniform so..." I trailed off, hinting for her to leave.

"Okay, go ahead I don't mind," she gave a wide toothy smile.

Cara's POV:

A cute guy from one of my classes asked me out on a date, so I said yes.

Chris showed up at my door at seven and we drove to the bowling alley.

"You look nice today," he complimented, opening the door for me. I could feel myself blush, "awe thanks," I smile, "you don't look too bad yourself."