Graduation & Party

Cara's POV:

I smiled sideways in my seat at Niall, who silently gripped my hand. I could tell he wanted to do more, to pull me into a kiss right then and there, but it probably wouldn't have turned out well.

Especially when you add in the good hundred blue-cloaked college students waiting for the valedictorian's speech to finish so they could (finally) after years of work, get their degrees.

And the chancellor and all the parents mixed in with the crowd.

The tassel on his annoyingly blue graduation hat swung when his head turned to gaze at me, the gold of the strands casting shimmers into my eye, and most likely his as well.

"I wish you were graduating with me," he whispered, leaning sideways.

I nodded, not wanting to make any sound during the valedictorian's speech.

"Life is always going to twist and turn, but guess what I say to that?" He paused. "Screw you!" the valedictorian laughed into the microphone.

"No, really. Those twists and turns and emotional breakdowns are all going to be dumb and draining, so as an Englishman- or woman -you have to stay strong and keep going, so you can--"

I tuned out boredly as he began to ramble on and on about success.

Same old, same old.

The annoyingly perky man on the stage, also known as the valedictorian, finally finished with his boring monologue and names were now being called.

Niall shifted his vision from me to the chancellor, who was calling names into the microphone to come up and receive their degree.

I flushed slightly; I didn't even know he was looking at me, but I noticed a smile faded from his eyes when he'd stopped looking at me.

After a few long minutes of droning on and on,

"Niall Horan."

He stood, and, before walking off, pulled me up with him and kissed me.

Really kissed me, in front of all those people. Cheering and wolf whistles were heard before he pulled away from the beautiful kiss, smiling, eyes twinkling.

I smiled back, my heart soaring from his next words,

"I love you, Cara."

Right before he said them, the entire field fell silent, and his voice was allowed to echo from speakers.

I glared down and noticed one of those small, hidden microphones tucked in the collar of his graduation cloak.

Shouts echoed through the place as he kissed me for a second time, walking up to the stage and podium.

He left me there, jelly in my legs, to go get his formal (since he had already received his legal one) degree. Afterwards, he stood with the rest of the graduates.

He grinned over at me, my stomach fluttering. I looked at him and smiled dreamily.

~ a few hours later ~

"C'mon, babe. You're the guest of honour," Niall beckoned me to the car after the ceremony, referring to his graduation party at his new apartment.

"What, me? I didn't even graduate," I said in confusion.

"Eh, but it'd be my honour to have you there," he flirted cheesily.

"My knight in shining armour," I said just a bit louder than under my breath, causing Niall to advance towards me playfully.

"No no no no no! I'll get into the car!" I laughed as he lifted me up and swung my around, throwing me over his shoulder and tickling the heck outta me.

He set me down on a park bench and ghosted his hands along my ribs, making me convulse in girlish giggles. People stared as we -more like he- made a scene.

"Oh, no, that's not what I'm after anymore," he said with faux darkness.

Niall ceased with the tickling and scooped me up, wrapping my legs around his waist and holding me up around mine.

He brought his mouth to kiss me, our lips moving in sync all the while. Our tongues had even started dancing when someone obnoxiously cleared their throat, effectively ending our little display.

"Blake, why is it illegal to kill you?" Niall joked with his mate.

"Because, I believe it was illegal to do THAT, whatever it was, in public." He fake shuddered as Mr. Hypocrite pulled Jess in for a long, deep make-out session. Even if it was to make a point, Jess seemed to enjoy it.

"Yeah, yeah, we get it. Enough, please," Niall turned away, Blake and Jess disconnecting.

We loaded into the car, me and Jess in the back and Niall and Blake in the front.

My Nialler was driving, seeing as it was his car going to his apartment.

The 2-hour drive to London felt surprisingly quick, and when we exited, Niall's apartment building towered above us, the grey stone blocking the sun's rays on this rare, rainless day in Britain.

But dark clouds could be seen on the horizon, looming above a city a short few miles away.

I sighed sadly at the sight of one of London's few sunny days coming to an end.

I swear time was on fast-forward or something, because before I knew it, we were in his apartment.

Niall, Blake and Jess started getting the beer from the fridge into a cooler, and the twenty-or-so raspberry champagne bottles they had bought before the ceremony was my duty to put in a bucket of ice.

Once that was all finished, I began laying out all the snack bowls, the others following behind me with various bags of snack food, including Cheetos, Doritos, plain Lays and dip, and my personal favourite, All-Dressed Ruffles. Much more was loaded into the multitude of snack bowls, but only my usual favourites were really noticed.

Jess and I got a half hour to touch up our makeup and, for her, get changed from her jeans and T-shirt that she wore under her graduation robe into a cute black halter dress that reached just above her thighs, and some silvery flats to accompany her glistening earrings and bracelet, and smoky eyes.

Me, I dressed into a slightly casual baby blue dress that flowed, instead of Jess' somewhat tight one.

Mine consisted of a while belt wrapping once around my waist, accenting my curves.

I wore stud earrings and a little necklace with a black gem hanging from the chain, and I let my hair cascade loosely on my shoulders and framing my face.

My makeup was also simple, a light smoky eye was blended with a sparkly eyeshadow.

I helped Jess curl her hair, and finally it was time for the party as I slipped on my white flats.

"Erm, Niall, just how many people are coming to this party?"

"Just the ex-basketball team and their girlfriends, and some of my other friends as well. Why?"

"Just curious," I said truthfully.

Niall nodded thoughtfully and adjusted his sweatshirt, making me feel self-conscious in my dress.

At least I'm wearing flats, though.

I blink with obvious surprise when Niall leans in, breath rather heavy, to hold me close to him, resting his head lightly on mine.

"You look beautiful in that dress, Cara. Leave it on, it's perfect."

He must have noticed my discomfort when I'd realized that it was slightly more casual than I'd thought, but then my attention was taken by Niall's soft voice.

"All the girls will be wearing dresses, babe. If not, I doubt they're girls," he laughed.

The time finally came for people to arrive.

Most of them I didn't know the names of, and others I'd seen around or met and had forgotten.

Essentially, the only people I knew here was Niall, Blake, Jess, and I'd seen Niall mess around with a guy named... Jason? Justin. So I only knew four people at this slightly monstrous party.

Or at least, it seemed monstrous, considering that Niall's apartment wasn't too very big.

I poured two drinks and handed one to Niall.

"You're gonna be in serious trouble with the new neighbours tomorrow" I joked, referring to the really loud music.

"Fuck it" he laughed and planted a kiss on my lips.

He introduced me to some of his pals, they were nice actually and I chatted to some of their girlfriends.

I decided to go up to Niall's on suite and fix my hair. I made my way up the stairs, opened the door and switched on the lights.

"... Chris?"

I stepped inside and couldn't believe who was standing in front of me, Chris. He looked so different with his whole left arm covered in tattoos, lip and eyebrow piercings.

"What are you doing here...?" I was so scared of him, I just felt such an evil energy off him.

"To see you of course" he stepped in front of me, inches from my face.

"You should go now or i'll get Niall and he will literally kill you." I tried to act brave but failed miserably.

"I sincerely doubt that" he folded his arms and flashed his smirk.

"Just go back to prison where you belong." I poked his chest.

"Nah, my lawyer got me out of that shit." He sat on Niall's double bed.

"Just go before there's trouble." I sighed, annoyed by him still being here.

"There's not gonna be any trouble, Cara."

"When I get Niall-"

"You're not gonna get Niall." He interrupted.

"Watch me!" I reached for the door handle, Chris stood up like a light and pushed me against the wall.

He locked the door.

"Kiss me." His lips were less than an inch close to mine.

I turned my head and he moved it back in place and forced his lips onto mine.

I don't even know why, I felt this sudden urge to kiss him back.

So I did.

"Suck my lip ring, baby" he said in between breaths and I followed his instruction without question.

Niall's POV:

Cara was taking longer than expected. I want her to meet more of my friends.

I decided to go on a magical journey and find my princess. I tried opening my bedroom door but it was locked.

"Cara?" I knocked.

I heard shuffling and other noises from inside my room.

She opened it and her hair looked messier than it did a few minutes ago, had no shoes on and her dress looked like she was only putting it on.

"What are you doing?" I wondered.

"Was just making myself prettier for you" she smiled. "Can you zip me up?" She turned around. I thought nothing of it and zipped her dress up.

"I'll be zipping you down later tonight" I whispered in her ear and kissed her neck.

"C'mon" I put my hand out for her to hold.

I had quite a lot of drinks.

I ordered a few extra large pizzas for everyone at about two a.m. Cara came up to my room with me to eat our extra large pizza together. We sat on the bed, the pizza in the middle of us.

"This looks amazing!" I said and shoved a slice in my mouth.

"It sure does!" She also shoved a slice in her mouth.

"... Please don't go to Italy tomorrow" I looked at her. She should just stay because we have to go back to court in a few days anyway.

I'm glad her nanny and grandad sent her some money. I really want her to live with me.

"Niall we've been over this... I'm leaving in the morning. Nine a.m precisely"

"Seven hours left together... Just know that we've had a great few months knowing each other and i'll always love you. You've been my first proper girlfriend and you've never hurt or betrayed me... Cara I love you."

It felt so good confessing the love I have for her.

Cara's POV:

I feel so guilty after his little speech because even though it is our last day, I did betray him by kissing Chris.

"... I love you too Niall." I said, he leaned in and kissed me.

"But don't forgot you do have to come back in a few days because we're going to court again. I'm positive i'll put Chris will be in prison for a good few years."

"This is a nice little apartment isn't it? Suppose it's more like a flat 'cause it has stairs" I changed the subject.

"Yeah it's grand. The minute we got here I put my signed guitar up on the wall" he pointed and ate another slice of pizza.

"Yeah it's really cool" I admired it.

"I'm just sad 'cause I can't share this place with you..." He sadly ate more pizza. He's gonna be sick soon.

"Maybe one day..."

"I'll keep my hopes up. Anyway you ready to party?!" He hopped off the bed and ran into the living room where everyone was, some were in the kitchen.

Jess and Blake were on the couch making out.

Niall's mum paid for all the furniture, that was so nice of her.

~

About an hour later, I decided to go to bed. I put on my pyjamas.

Soon the music turned off and it was bright out.

I felt a body on top of me.

"You ready for the best night of your life, baby?" Niall said and removed all his clothes.