Out

Louis' POV:

"Yeah, mate. He's out."

"Dammit," Niall cursed. I cringed at his tone, even if it was through my iPhone. Chris was let out.

I saw the time flick to one minute before I had to leave the job.

Yeah, I was quitting. I couldn't take it anymore, it was too stressful and who knows who will threaten me, or Harry, next.

"I have to go, mate," I said hastily.

"Fine, just fucking fine. Bye." I heard a phone slam harshly to a table and jumped at the sound, ending the call.

I slipped my phone in my pocket and fished my resignation from my wallet.

"Officer Tomlinson! Just who I wanted to see." I was shocked out of my thoughts of coming home to Harry tonight by Constable Atkinson.

"Actually, you're just who I needed to see," I said, handing him my resignation and walking off.

~

"Loueh?" I heard from the bedroom, the deep, slow voice of my love beckoning me.

"Yeah, Harry. I'm home," I locked the door of our shared flat and made my way to the bedroom.

Harry stood up and walked over to me, pulling me into a hug, I pulled away to change into shorts and a teeshirt.

"I missed you," he said, causing my heart to flutter.

"I missed you, too. So much, Harry," I laid down beside him in bed. He wrapped his arms around.

We drifted off to sleep in each other's arms.

~

The steering wheel was gripped in my hands as I made my way to Cara's campus.

I needed to talk to this girl, I needed her to know what I did.

I couldn't live with the guilt anymore.

~

"Cara!" I called. She turned to look at me with confusion, how could she have possibly caught the attention of this guy she didn't know, this guy who knew her name like a stalker.

I jogged to catch up to her.

"Hi, I'm Louis. I have something to tell you." I sighed. "You had better sit down.

Cara's POV:

This man, this man named Louis, he told me everything as I sat on the bench at the side of the road.

He told me how Chris threatened the guy he loved, how Chris made him do this awful thing to me.

I know I should be mad, but I also know that I would've done the same for Niall, and him me.

"Please, don't be mad. I couldn't bear it if you were mad," I heard the worry in his voice and saw his eyes glistening.

"No, don't worry, I'm not. Thank you for telling me," I sniffed. His expression brightened slightly but was still upset.

I could tell he felt bad for committing this crime. I didn't want to make him feel worse, he was already on the verge of bawling.

Given, I was already crying, but I was wiping the tears away.

And I could tell that he had thought this through many times, probably beating himself down for it.

"C'mon, follow me. Okay?" I asked him. He looked at me with confusion but nodded, getting up and strolling behind me.

We went up to the boys dorms. Niall opened the door and looked bewildered as to why this man was with me.

"hey, what's up?" he asked, pulling me into a hug, keeping his eyes on Louis.

I walked in and motioned Louis to enter too.

"why are you here?" he asked Louis.

"i'm Chris' brother and -"

"whoa, brother? Chris has a brother? I didn't know you were even related to him"

"wait, how do you know each other?" I asked curiously.

"I got him to spy on Chris." Niall admitted.

~

Louis told him everything and Niall told me about the whole 'spying' situation.

"Cara, you can't stay here. He's gonna come here. Just move in with me. College is over in two weeks like." he looked serious.

"I can't Niall. I need to do one more year to get my degree..."

"when Harry asked me to move in with him, I said no at first because I thought it was too fast. We're stronger than ever now" Louis stepped in. "we were about two months into our relationship and he asked me to move in, I laughed but I definitely made the right decision."

"thank you! and Harry's your boyfriend? You're gay?" Niall asked.

"yep, you can come to our flat and meet him if you want" he looked at both of us.

"sure" I smiled.

"yeah, boring 'round here anyways" Niall grabbed a hoodie from his dresser.

~

Louis drove us to the flat that he shared with Harry.

He unlocked the door and we made our way in.

"nice place" Niall said, looking around.

"thanks" Louis replied, hanging his coat on the coatrack.

We all walked into his living room and a curly headed boy, who I assume is Harry walked in.

"oh hello" he said, looking at myself and Niall.
"i'm Harry" he introduced himself. We shook his hand and he sat beside Louis.

We all chatted and got to know each other.

"so, how'd you guys meet?" I asked.

Louis looked at Harry, holding his hand.

"i've been working as a waiter at the time and served Louis. He was with his sister and I tripped and spilled water on his private area" he said, hitting Louis in the balls, laughing. "yeah and I wiped him" he grinned at Louis. "and before he left the restaurant, I asked him for his number. Quite a romantic story." Harry joked, looking into Louis' eyes.

"how'd you two meet?" Louis asked me and Niall.

"well," Niall began. "she hated me in the beginning because everyone loved me and I got away with everything. Her, me and our friends went to a bar. Let's just say she got wasted as fuck and I brought her back to her room and she fell asleep in my arms... We went on a few dates after that and we definitely clicked and we were about to go on another date and I went up to her room to collect her. I smelled smoke from her room and realised there was a fire so I booted the door down and done C.P.R and all and brought her to the hospital. When she was in the hospital bed I asked her to be my girlfriend" he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"that's like a story from a romantic film" Harry joked, putting his arm around Louis.