Conversation

Niall's POV:

I had quite a bit of cocaine. It washed away my troubles and made me feel, well, good.

I was just extremely worried about Cara finding out. I mean, I told her I wouldn't smoke again, and I doubt she'd be happy about me using cocaine.

Blake and I got back to our dorm late at night, past lights-out.

I threw the shirt that I'd lent Cara on my dresser.

"Remember, Jess thinks you're sick."

"Yeah, yeah. I remember. Just be happy I'm too tired to kill you."

We're not high anymore, just slightly drunk. A few hours before, we'd decided to stop using so if the rumour about the Dean checking our rooms in a few days was true, then it wouldn't smell like weed.

Instead, we had a few beers each.

I glanced at the alarm.

"Shit. Six in the fucking morning. We have two hours," I growled, annoyed.

Blake and I both slumped onto our beds and, soon as we hit the covers, slept.

~

Cara's POV:

"Hey Nialler, How's Blake?" Niall'd just sat down beside me in the cafeteria for lunch. He looked exhausted, as if he got only an hours sleep.

"Huh?" It looked as though I just woke him up, even though I know I didn't.

"Blake? Jess told me he's sick," I said suspiciously.

"Oh, yeah. He's feeling a lot better," he dismissed sleepily, his eyes bloodshot.

"You haven't been smoking again, have you?" I asked worriedly.

"God no, I said I wouldn't and I didn't," he snapped.

"Okay, sorry. Rough night, then?"

"Definitely. Blake was, uh, up retching 'til four, then I was up 'bout two more hours cleaning up the carpet he mistakenly thought was the toilet."

How he hesitated worried me, though I doubted he'd lie to me.

Niall's POV:

I hated lying to her. I really did....

The truth was that I'd already made plans to meet the guys behind the school, more usage and this time no smoke in Luke's dorm.

~

Luke held out bags of cocaine and other bags of blunts. I took two cokes and one full of blunts.

"Ah-ah-ah, one onl-" he stopped mid-sentence when I handed him a fifty. He stuffed it in his pocket, eyes wide, and handed me a third bag of cocaine.

"A little bit addicted, man?" Mark joked.

"Fuck off." I spat.

~

"Niall, you really need to stop that stuff" Blake sat down on his bed.

"Shut up, you had some too."

"I know but then I stopped when I thought about Jess,"

I looked at him as I sat down.

"... You're right." I thought about Cara and how we could have a future together. I imagined us married with two kids in a house... We're not gonna have a future if I keep smoking and doing drugs. I'm such an idiot.

"You're absolutely right. I'm finished with it." I grabbed the half bag of cocaine and gave it to Blake for him to throw out.

"I'm proud of you," Blake smiled. "Are you gonna tell Cara?"