Chapter 6 'Tattoos'

Lydia's POV

The bright rays of the sun seeping through the drapes hit my eyelids forcing me awake with a groan, but things are okay as I can feel Harry's warmth next to me with his strong arm wrapped around my waist. If it wasn't Saturday Harry would have left by now but on the weekends both of our parents leave early I don't know why all I know is that they are both gone and nether of them care enough to check into either of our rooms we could be dead for a week and nether of them would even know. Well Harrys dad might, he might miss torturing the shit out him. I look down at the arm that is wrapped around me and examine all of his tattoos. They honestly fascinate me I used to wonder if they meant anything because, people in school just think that he got a bunch of random tattoos to keep up with his "bad boy" image but I found out that they were oh so wrong.

... A few months ago...

"Hey harry?"
"Mhm"
"I was just wondering um..."
"You were wondering what?" he looked at me puzzled.
"I was wondering..." I looked up at him while keeping my eyes fixed on this tattoo covered arms.
"...if my tattoos had any meaning or if one day I decided that I would just go to a tattoo parlor and get half my body covered in tattoos to keep up with my badass image."
"Ah yeah, wait how did you know that I was going to ask you that"
"Come on Lydia everyone wants to know that and you were looking right at my arms with your big blue eyes"

I just looked at him.

"The answer is yes, each one of my tattoos have a meaning I actually think about it before I go into the parlor I can't say the same for Lou though he pretty much just has them ink what ever he thinks would look cool or badass."

"For example this one right here" he stretched out his arm now pointing to the small 'A'

"This one means the most to me this is an A for my mum since her name was Anne, I have this I can't change because everyone always tells me to change myself that I'm awful and I shouldn't want to be this, that I should change but I'm not going to, I can't." He points to his left bicep where he has a massive ship. "this ship is for how I want to travel the world one day and escape my dad, I have this birdcage tattoo because I feel trapped inside of a cage" as he is showing me all of his tattoos I just looked at him amazed now re-examining them I can tell how beautiful they really are. I have always wanted to get a tattoo but I have never been brave enough to go by myself and there was no way that Dani would go with me. "I got this lock because of the secrets that I keep." He softly speaks slowly explaining the rest of the tattoos that cover his body.

...Present Day...

I can feel a shuffle next to me

"Morning love" he speaks with his raspy morning voice while he places a soft kiss on the back of my shoulder.

"Morning" I say quickly not even turning to face him as I'm still deep in my thoughts.

"What's wrong love" he says noticing my behavior.

"I think I want a tattoo"