Part 33

The smell of burnt flesh reached my nose where I was sitting in the cubicle. I stood up and ran the the bathroom to empty my stomach. It was sick and twisted. Seeing those poor people twist in agony and hearing their blood-curdling screams as they were cooked in the fire down below. Another scream started causing me to lean forward once more. I felt my hair being pulled back as I came up to wipe my mouth.

"Are you okay?" Ryan asked as he let his hand caress my hair.

"I don't know if I'll ever be okay after that. Their screams will forever be imprinted in my head. That smell..." I felt myself getting nauseous once again so I pressed the memories of what I had just seen out of my head.

"I think we've been here long enough. Let's go home" Ryan said putting his arm over my shoulders and steering me towards the bathrooms door.

"No" I said pulling him back

He looked at me surprised "I can't leave. Gordon (the Generals son) only managed to kill 2 people this round. His sister is going to die, and he is going to be forced into a life of slavery. I can't let that happen! I have to stay" I said determined. Even if I had to sit through more of this torture I just can't allow that to happen.

"There has to be something that we can do" I pleaded with him. I don't know why I wanted to save this boy so badly. Maybe it was the fact that he was so young, maybe it was the fact that his sister was going to be killed for standing up for herself, I didn't know. But I knew that I wasn't leaving here before I knew that they were safe

"I'll see what I can do for his sister. But he doesn't have a choice. Either he dies here today or he goes into Razzardus's army." Ryan said sadly.

"Just go. Help that girl. Please" I begged

He nodded his head and turned towards the door before looking back at me "Be safe" was the last words he said before disappearing out the door. I just hoped that he would be able to help the girl.

I took a deep breath before returning back to the cubicle. I was just in time to see a bird bite a witch right in the neck causing blood to spurt from her main artery. I closed my eyes for a second at the sight before gathering my strength and taking my seat next to Razzardus.

"You look a little pale" Razzardus said with a chuckle "This game isn't a little too exciting for you is it? He asked with a raised eyebrow

"Of course not. It's probably just something I ate." I said coldly.

Just then the horn sounded signalling the end of round 3. I breathed a sigh of relief. Only 2 more to go.

The fire evaporated and the birds were shocked to unconsciousness as the contestants went out of the arena. "Boy but that was smelly" the referee said trying to make a joke. I swallowed in trying to keep the vomit down that was rising once again at the thought of that smell.

"Only two more rounds to go! How time flies when ones having fun. In this round 21 contestants were eliminated, leaving us with 18 of the strongest and smartest players. In the next round were going to do a little hunting!" he said excited. He clapped his hands as a signal and suddenly the next arena started to grow. A forest. I gulped.

"Now in this challenge the contestants will literally hunt each other. If you look around your cubicle you will see television screens everywhere. Camera's have been placed at strategic spots around the forest so we can sit back and enjoy the games. The only twist in this little challenge is that the people who have so generously created this forest can change it at will. Normal sand can become quick sand, trees can gobble you up and vines can capture you and squeeze you till you die. Powers are aloud but it is not permitted to use your magic to save yourself, only to kill others. In this round 8 people will be killed. Let the games begin!" He yelled throwing his hands up in the air.