Every Girl's Dream

“No, you can’t be in labor. You’re only 5  1/2 months pregnant!” He said.

“I don’t care. I’m having twins! There’s a higher chance that I’m going to have premature babies.”

“Ok, well can you stand up so we can get you to the car?”

“I don’t think I can.”

I tried standing up but the pain was too much for me to handle.

“Here, let me pick you up.”

“I’m too heavy for you to pick me up. You’re gonna hurt yourself. Just go tell Janet to get an ambulance.”

“Ok.”

He ran to the main office. He was back in less than two minutes.

I was sitting up against the wall. The pain wasn’t as bad, but it was still there.

He came over and kneeled down by me.

“Are you ok?” He put his hand on my head and started running his fingers through my hair.

“Yeah, I’m feeling a little better, but I still want to go to the hospital just in case.”

“Ok, well Janet called for an ambulance and they said they should be here within five to ten minutes.”

“Thanks.”

We sat there for about a minute. I had my head against the wall and my eyes closed.

I felt John put his lips to my cheek. I opened my eyes and looked at him.

“What was that for?”

“Because.”

“Just because?”

“Yeah.”

I smiled and closed my eyes again.

“I’m sorry I put you through all this.” He said.

“What?”

“You know, I’m sorry for getting you pregnant. You didn’t deserve this.”

“It’s not completely your fault though.”

“I know, but I still feel guilty.”

We heard people talking in the other hallway, then saw the people with a wheelchair.

“I’m guessing you’re the young lady who thinks that she is in labor?”

“Yes.” 

“Can you stand up to get into the wheelchair?”

“I can try.”

I stood up, and felt dizzy but managed to get into the wheelchair.

They wheeled me out to the ambulance. John drove to the hospital in his car.

I realized when we got there that I hadn’t told my parents what was going on, and I didn’t have my phone with me to tell them.

John met me in my room as soon as he got there. 

“Can I use your phone? I need to tell my parents what’s going on.”

“No problem. I already took care of that. I texted them before I left the 
school.”

“You’re amazing John. Thanks.”

The doctor came in and started talking to us.

“You’re Lexi, correct?”

“Yeah.”

“Hi Lexi. I’m Dr. Martin.”

“Hi. Nice to meet you.”