More School And Summer

The entire school year was the same. Nothing different ever happened. It was very repetitive.

Summer break was slowly creeping up on us. There was only 3 days of school left. These were the longest days of the school year. Since we were finished with all the work, we just talked in every class. After a while, we ran out of things to talk about, so we all just sat in the classrooms staring at the clock hoping for the bell to ring.

Finally the last day came. I was standing at my locker with Jess, waiting for the final bell to ring. John came up behind me.

“Hey.” He said.

“Hi.”

“Are you doing anything tonight?”

“Well, I was gonna hang out with Jess. Why? What’s up?”

“Oh, well, I was just gonna have us spend some time together tonight but since you already have plans we can do it some other time.”

“I’m free tomorrow.” I said, smiling.

“Sounds great. I was thinking sometime in the afternoon, towards night time, if that’s ok with you.”

“Yeah, it’s fine with me. I just have to ask my parents.”

“Ok. Talk to you later. Love you.”

“Love you too.” I said.

Me and Jess starting talking about what we were going to do tonight. We finally decided on just going to the movies and then hanging out at my house for a while.

The last bell finally rang. Everyone rushed towards the doors. I was one of the first ones out. I got onto the bus and saved a seat for Meagan. It had become a tradition for me to sit by Jess on the way to school and Meagan on the way back until we got to her house, and when she left, I would go and sit by John.

The bus pulled up to my house. I ran in.

“Mom?” I yelled, hoping she was home.

“I’m in the kitchen.”

Mom was always in the kitchen. She was a chef so she was always trying new things hoping they would turn out good and she could put them on the menu in her restaurant.

I ran into the kitchen.

“Mom.” I said. “It’s ok if me and Jess hang out tonight, right?”

“Yeah. That’s fine. Me and dad are going out for dinner, so we were just gonna send you to gradma’s if you didn’t have any plans.”

“Ok, cool. Thanks.” I said.

I went up to my room to get ready.

She and her mom picked me up, and then her mom dropped us off at the movies. After the movie, my parents picked us up and took us to my house. We just talked and watched funny videos on YouTube.

Her parents picked her up at 10:30.

“Bye.” I said.

“See ya.”