Time With The Parents

I had been pregnant for about 3 weeks now. I wasn’t going to the doctor but I was making sure I was eating healthy things,and taking prenatal vitamins. Basically everything the doctor would tell me to do.

I was also starting to have the symptoms of being pregnant. I was getting morning sickness which wasn’t good because my parents thought I was actually sick so I couldn’t do anything. I was also craving things. Potato chips, grapes, and the ever-famous pickles. I could hide this symptom better though.

I was going to hang out with Jess, but she got the flu so we cancelled. 

I needed something to do to get my mind off of the baby so I called Meagan.

“Hey Lexi. I haven’t heard from you in a while. What’s up?” She said.

“Well, me and Jess were gonna hang out but she got the flu so I was wondering if you were busy today.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry. Me and Jaimie are gonna hang out today. We can maybe hang out tomorrow.” She said.

“That won’t work for me. Me and John are hanging out tomorrow.”

“Oh, well, I guess we’ll just have to find another day. I gotta go. Bye.”

“Bye.” I said after she hung up.

I kind of felt that me and Meagan were starting to drift apart. She was hanging out more with Jaimie and I was hanging out a lot with Jess and John.

Since I had no plans I went to my mom and dad.

“Hey.” I said.

“Hi honey.” Dad said, and went right back to looking at the tv. 

“Can I talk to you guys?”

“Sure. Is something wrong?” Mom said.

“No. Me and Jess were gonna hang out but then she got the flu, so I called Meagan but she already had plans so I was wondering if we, as a family, could go to the movies today.”
They both looked at me with a surprised look on their face. 

“Yeah. That’s a good idea Lexi.”

We went to a movie and then went out to dinner. I, surprisingly, had a good time. It seemed that me and my parents hardly had any family time anymore. I was trying to spend more time with them so that when I told them about the baby, they hopefully wouldn’t hate me as bad.