More Pregnancy Tests

A week passed and me and Jess kept talking. Maily what we talked about was her having sex.

One night at about midnight I heard my phone ringing. It was a call from Jess.

“Hello?”

“Lexi, I think there’s something wrong with me. My period was supposed to start today but it never did. I think I might be pregnant.”

“Ok, first of all calm down. It could just be a little late.”

“I don’t think it is. It’s never late.”

“Well, tomorrow morning we’ll go to the store and get a pregnancy test, ok?”

“Ok.” She said.

“Ok. Just stop thinking about it, and try to get some sleep.”

“I’ll try. Bye.”

I hung up and went back to sleep.

The next morning Jess woke me up at 7 in the morning by calling me again.

“Lexi, it still hasn’t started.” She said.

“Ok, well I’ll get dressed and then we can walk to the store and get you a pregnancy test.”

“Thank you. Please hurry!”

“Ok.”

I put on my black skinny jeans that were starting to get a little bit too small for me and a t-shirt that was loose enough so that it wouldn’t show my stomach.

I left a note on the kitchen counter telling my parents that I went to Jess’.

As I got to her house, she was already on the porch waiting for me. She ran up to me and gave me a huge hug.

“Thank you so much for coming, and I’m really sorry for the way I acted last week.”

“It’s ok.” I said. “Let’s just get to the store so you can stop worrying.”

“But what if I am pregnant? Then what am I gonna do?”

“Well, then you’re gonna have a baby.”

“I don’t want a baby Lexi.”

“I didn’t either, but it just happens.”

“I guess.”

Finally, we were at the store. We went straight to where the pregnancy tests were.

“I think we should get more than one.” She said.

“Ok, it’s your money, buy as many as you want.”

“Ok. I think I’ll buy 2.”

We went up to a self-checkout so that the cashiers wouldn’t judge us for getting pregnancy tests.

“I want to know right now, so I’m gonna go to the bathrooms here.”

“Ok. I’ll wait for you.”

We both went into the bathroom and she went into the stall and I waited outside of it.

“Ok, here I go.” She said.

“Good luck.” I said. I was worried for her. I didn’t want her to be pregnant, and I don’t think she wanted to be pregnant either.

She came out of the stall and we waited for the results.

“It’s negative!” She said. “Thank God!”

“Well, you better use the other one just to make sure.”

“You really think I should? You only used one.”

“Yeah, but that’s different.” I said.

“How?”

“I don’t know, it just is.”

“Fine, I’ll do the other one.” She went back into the stall.

She used the other one and came back out of the stall.

“What if this one comes up positive? Then what are we gonna do?”

“Well, we could take you to the doctor.”

“Oh no. No way! No.” Obviously she didn’t want to go to the doctor.

“Well, we might have to. I could take you to my doctor. She’s really nice.”

“Who is it?” She asked.

“John’s mom.”

“John’s mom is your baby doctor?” She looked shocked.

“Yeah, it’s actually kinda nice.”

“I don’t know. I don’t think I’m pregnant so I won’t have to go to the doctor.”

“You never know.” I said.

“Ok, the results are coming up. I can’t look. You tell me what it is.” She said as she handed me the stick.

“Ok. Are you sure you want to know?”

“Yes.” She said as she took a deep breath.

“This one came up… positive.”