Freshman Orientation

The next day when Rebecca told everyone that she was pregnant was about the same as when they found out that I was pregnant.

John and Andy constantly stayed by our sides to stick up for us if needed and to make sure that we were ok.

The first week wasn’t as bad as I anticipated it to be. The worst day was Friday the 6th. It was really hot outside (which made it hot in the school), and there was also freshman orientation, which I had to help with.

It was an all-day thing with games and some of the sophomores talking about their freshman year.

My group had only 5 people in it. Their names were Saara, Sabrina, Jordan, Michael, and Ronnie.

Sabrina was preppy, Saara was an outcast, Jordan and Michael were jocks, and Ronnie was a skater.

The first thing we had to do was go into an empty classroom and talk with them.

My group went into the spare science room.

“Hey guys. So, how are you?” I asked, not knowing what to say.

All I got was Sabrina’s bubblegum popping.

“Ok… So do any of you have questions about anything?”

“Aren’t you a little young to be pregnant?” Ronnie asked.

“That’s none of your business.” I snapped.

“God, it was just a question.”

“Sorry, any other questions?”

“You got a boyfriend?” Jordan asked.

“Come on guys, seriously? I want some actual questions.”

“How do you get people to like and understand you?” Saara asked.

“Well you just have to be yourself and don’t let anyone try to change you.”

“That’s what they all say and it never works.”

“Ok… Anything else?”

They all shook their heads no.

“Ok, well we still have an hour left in here. Do you guys wanna play a game or something?”

“Like what?” Ronnie asked.

“We could play truth or dare!” Sabrina said, her face lighting up.

“Is that ok with you guys?” I asked.

They all agreed and we ended up playing it the whole hour. Surprisingly, all of us got along.

Mrs. Carter came in and told us all to go to the gym.

It was time for the ‘treasure hunt’ as she called it.

Each of our groups got a clue to begin with and then we had to follow the clues and the first one to finish would get a special prize.

The answer to the first clue was ‘oak tree.’

We went out to the only oak tree and our clue was a flower so we went to the garden in the back of the school.

At this point, I was already starting to feel dizzy, but I ignored it and kept going.

We stayed in the lead most of the game, but the last clue confused us and we lost the lead and ended up coming in last place.

The winning team, which was Johns, got a gift card to our mall.

We all had to go back to the gym because the sophomores were going to tell about their best freshman memory.

When it was my turn, I went down to the court and took the microphone.

“My greatest freshman experience was uhm…”

My face was getting hot and I could feel myself starting to shake. I saw purple spots and everything went black.

The last thing I remembered was hitting the floor and then hearing the voices of John and my group.