Missed Period

It had been a week and 2 days since me and John had sex. Nobody knew about it, not even Meagan or Jess. 

I was sitting on my bed, just thinking, when I looked at my calendar. Today was June 15th. My period was supposed to start on June 13th. 

At that point I started worrying. My period had been a couple of days late before so I just shook it off and tried not to think about it, but the days kept passing and I never got it.

I was getting really worried now! I wanted to call someone, but I didn’t know who. I wanted to call John, but we hadn’t talked since that night and I really wasn’t sure if I wanted to tell Meagan because she was obsessed with gossiping. So, the only one I felt that I could trust was Jess because she didn’t really ever talk to anyone but me.

“Hello?” she said

“Jess?” I was crying.

“Lexi? What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” 

“Do you promise not to tell anyone?”

“Yeah, please tell me what’s wrong.” She said.

“Ok, well, I think I might be pregnant.” I said, still crying.

“What? How?”

“You know how!” I said.

“I mean, like, with who?”

“John.”

“I’m gonna kill him! I knew he was no good!”

“Jess, slow down. I’m not even sure if I am pregnant. The only reason I think I might be is because my period is a week late.”

“Have you told your parents?”

“No. Of course not! Why would I do that?”

“You do know that if you are pregnant your gonna have to tell them sometime.” She said.

“I know but, I’m not gonna tell them until I’m 110 percent sure!”

“Ok. Well, sorry but I have to go. I have piano lessons. I can call you when I get back if you want me to.”

“No, its ok. I’ll just call you sometime tomorrow if that’s ok.”

“Yeah. That’s fine.” She said.

“Ok. Bye.”

“Bye.” I said.

I sat back down on my bed playing out the scene in my head when I would tell my parents. None of them went well and I knew how that’s how it would be when I actually told them. My parents were extremely strong Christians! They believed in not having sex until after you’re married, so obviously, since me and John weren’t married, they were gonna kill me and him both!