Rebecca's Background

I woke up the next morning at 11:33. I had slept 16 hours! I had never slept that much at one time before! This baby was really exhausting me and I wasn’t even 1 month in.

I went downstairs to see if there was any breakfast or lunch ready for me to eat because I felt like I was starving!

I saw my mom cooking and remembered that John told me to ask my parents if they knew anything about Rebecca.

“Mom.” I said.

“Oh, hey honey! You’re finally up?” She asked with a big loving smile on her face.

“Yeah, I was really tired for some reason..”

“Ok. Well, I’m getting lunch ready. Were just having spaghetti and meatballs.”

“That’s ok. Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Do you know anything about the .people who just moved here?”

“No. I don’t. Sorry.”

“It’s ok. I’ll just ask dad.”

“Ok. He’s in the garage.”

Great. The only place I never wanted to go! The garage. It was smelly and crowded with junk.

“Dad?” I said with only my head in the door.

“Yeah?” He was watching tv. The garage was more of a ‘man cave’ than an actual garage.

“Can I come in?” 

“Sure.” He said while he patted his hand on the couch for me to sit down.

“What’s up?” He asked.

“Do you know anything about the people who just moved here?”

“Well, they moved from Montana.”

“Is that all you know?”

“No. They have a daughter named Rebecca. I think she’s probably in the same grade as you.”

“Hold on. Do you know anything else about her?” I asked.

“Well, not a lot.. But I do know that she’s a slut and I don’t want you hanging around her! She’s been pregnant twice with two different guys, and got an abortion each time!”

I was extremely shocked! 

“Dad that’s horrible! How could she do that? It’s a living thing!” I was getting sad just at the thought. I would never be able to do that!

“I know. Some people just have no feelings towards other people even if those people aren’t in the world yet.”

“Yeah.” I said.

“Lexi, I want you to promise me something.”

“What?” 

“Promise me that if you ever get pregnant before marriage and you aren’t ready for a baby that you won’t abort it.”

“I promise. I could never do that dad!” I said. 

“Thanks.” It almost looked like he had a tear in his eye.

I smiled and walked out of the garage and back into my room.